You may be searching for a fast solution to help you lose those pounds you’ve gained. You probably have an event you want to attend and you’re struggling to fit into that sexy jeans.
It might be easy to get carried away by crash diets that promise you’ll weight fast. Crash diets might not be safe in the long run, but it is entirely possible to safely lose 5 pounds in a week.
7 Easy Workouts to Lose 5 Pounds in a Week
Below are the 7 easiest workouts to help you lose 5 pounds in a week.
1. Pushup and Row
The pushup is a classic exercise that has proven itself useful over the years.
Pushup and row are a variation of the popular pushup exercise. It is performed with the use of a dumbbell.
The pushup and row target your chest and the upper back. It is one workout that can help you lose 5 pounds in a week.
- Begun by placing a pair of the dumbbells just slightly wider apart than shoulder width.
- Assume a push-up position and place your hands on the dumbbells.
- Now bring down your body to the ground, pause, then raise your body back up to complete a push-up.
- Once your body is back up in the starting position, row the dumbbell on your side to the other side of your chest as you pull the dumbbell upwards.
- Pause for a moment and lower the dumbbell down again.
- Thereafter, repeat this same movement on your other arm to complete one rep.
- You should perform about 3 sets of 10 reps each.
2. Single-Arm Dumbbell Swing
If you are looking to build explosiveness and power throughout your lower body while you also lose 5 pounds a week, then the single-arm dumbbell swing is your answer.
This workout targets your lower back and the hips as well.
It also improves the strength of your shoulder muscles and also cardiovascular endurance.
- Begin by standing with both feet apart by 2 to 3 feet.
- Grab a dumbbell with your right hand and ensure your Palm is facing down.
- Now squat down till the thighs are almost parallel to the ground and move the weight between the legs.
- Thrust the hips to the front and straighten the knees.
- Then swing the dumbbell upwards up to the level of your chest.
- Ensure your arm is still straight at this point.
- Now squat down again and swing the dumbbell just between the legs to make one rep.
- You can perform about 3 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions each.
3. Skater Jumps
The skater jumps are a fantastic workout that works the muscles of your rump and legs.
In addition to helping you lose 5 pounds in a week; the workout also helps to improve your coordination and balance.
- Begin by crossing the left leg just behind your right leg.
- Then lower into a half-squat position.
- Let your right arm be out to the side with the left arm just across the hips.
- Then hop to your left and switch your arms and legs at the same time to make a rep
- Perform about 3 sets of 10 repetitions each.
4. Box Jumps Workout
The box jump is a power move that not only helps you burn fat, but also adds strength to the muscles of your calves, hamstrings, quads, and glutes.
This exercise improves your speed and adds to your power
They also help to raise the heart rate while ensuring you burn calories all day long.
- Begin by standing in front of a bench or sturdy box.
- Let your feet be apart by hip width.
- Bend the knees and jump onto your bench or sturdy box.
- Ensure you land softly.
- Step back down and return to the starting position to make one rep.
- Perform 3 sets of 5 reps each.
5. Plank Dips
This is another fantastic exercise that helps to trim the waist.
The plank Dips targets your abs, obliques and the lower back.
Additionally, the workout improves your stability, posture, and balance.
- Begin in the traditional push-up position.
- Let your feet be apart at hip-width with your hands under the shoulder.
- Engage your core and lift the right hand from off the ground.
- Thereafter, lower your right forearm to the floor with your elbows under the shoulder.
- Pause for a moment and then come up again to your right hand and lower your left forearm to the floor.
- Continue to repeat the movement.
- 11 Best Abs Workout for Women to Lose Belly Fat at Home
- 12 Best Glute Exercises for Women to Tone and Get Bigger Butt in a Week
- Top 9 Arm Exercises for Sexy Tank Top, Sculpted Arms That Work at Home
- Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks-9 Best Weight Loss Workouts
- 11 Best Ab Workouts to Get a Six Pack Abs in One Month
Who doesn’t love the burpee exercise?
This is one exercise that can easily help you lose 5 pounds in a week.
Burpees will allow your body to continue burning fat all day long.
Below is a guide on how to perform burpees to help you lose 5 pounds naturally.
- Begin by standing with the feet apart at shoulder-width, and your arms should be by your side. You should also weight in the heels.
- Now push the hips backward, bend the knees, and bring down your body and assume a squat position.
- Put your hands just on the floor in front of you and bring your feet inside.
- Ensure you shift your body weight right onto the hands.
- Next jump the feet back and land softly just on the feet balls and assume a plank position.
- At this point, your body should be in a straight line from your heels to your head.
- Now jump the feet back once again to allow the to land outside your hands.
- Then bring up your arms overhead and jump into the air explosively.
- Then land and lower back immediately into the squat position to make one rep.
- You can perform 3 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions each.
7. Standing Half-Moon
The standing half-moon is another important exercise to help you lose 5 pounds in a week.
If you want to get rid of that belly fat, then you should consider the standing half-moon exercise.
- Begin by standing straight and place both feet together.
- Align the spine also.
- Now bring your arms up overhead and bend to one side of your body.
- Make sure you do not twist your spine or hips as you bend.
- Maintain this position for about 5 to 10 seconds.
- Thereafter, return to the previous starting position and perform the same movement on the other side.
3 Healthy Diet for Weight Loss
As we mentioned earlier, exercises and diet go hand in hand to determine how much weight you will lose.
There are some foods that can accelerate the rate at which your body burns calories.
We will show you 3 detox drink for weight loss that will help you lose 5 pounds in a week.
1. Ginger and Lemonade Detox Drink
Some people think detox drink is always bitter in the mouth.
This Ginger and lemonade detox drink will prove you all wrong.
The drink has a delicious taste and is also very effective at accelerating fat burn.
Below is a guide on how to whip up the ginger and lemonade detox drink.
- Juice got from ½ lemon
- About 2 cups of clean water
- An inch knob of sliced garlic
- About 2 to 3 tablespoons of an unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of raw honey.
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar and thoroughly shake together.
- Sip on your drink all day long.
2. Detox Green Smoothie with Chia Seeds
This smoothie is for those who do not like detox drinks.
This is one of our favorite green smoothies to help us lose 5 pounds in a week.
Below is a guide on how to prepare this green smoothie.
- A banana
- One cup of spinach
- A tbspoon of chia seeds
- A cup of the frozen chunks of pineapple
- One cup of the unsweetened almond milk.
- Take all the ingredients and add them into your blender.
- Blend on high power until your mixture appears smooth.
- If you notice it is too thick, then you should add in more almond milk.
3. Cranberry Juice Detox
This is one fantastic detox drink that we all love.
It is not only delicious but also loaded with antioxidants, manganese and vitamin C.
This drink promotes detoxification and also help to protect the body.
Below is a guide on how to prepare the cranberry juice detox.
- Begin by combining a part cranberry juice and four parts water.
- Also, add in a tablespoon of apple pectin and a tablespoon of psyllium fiber.
- Mix thoroughly and your drink is ready to be served.
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss ; 3 Detox Drink Recipes for Flat Belly
- 5 Fat Flush Cranberry Detox Drink Recipes for Weight Loss and Flat Belly
- Best Weight Loss and Flat Belly Cheat Sheet to Lose 10 Pounds in 2 Weeks
- Ginger Water for Weight Loss: The Detox Drink That Burns Fat from Your Back, Waist, and Thighs
Sometimes it can be difficult, but it is possible to safely lose 5 pounds in a week.
Remember, there is no shortcut to weight loss. It requires hard working and dedication.
Time to burn up those calories.