There are quite several good ab workouts that are designed to help you get a six pack. “How to get a six pack” is not even the question anymore. There are lots of proven ways out there already. The question is, are you willing to do what it takes to get six pack abs?
Searching for “how to get a six pack” is not what you need to be doing. What you really need is the “will-power” to go through the answers you get.
If you are ready to stay committed to some 6 pack workouts, we have 11 of them here for you.
Before we go into how to get a six pack, let us run you through some fundamental understanding.
How to Get A Six Pack
A lot of people can identify six packs but how many of them know what that is? A six pack is generally referred to as the ‘apparent’ set of abdominal muscles in one’s stomach area.
Apparent is an operational word here.
This is because everyone has these set of muscles, but they not apparent for everyone.
Most people have fat covering their 6 pack muscles. You might be thinking, “how come slim people don’t have their 6-pack showing then?”
The reason is that even though they don’t have fat in their stomach region, these muscles also need to be worked.
So, on the question of how to get a six pack, here is the short answer. Reduce your belly fat and do lots of abdominal exercises.
Read Further: How to Reduce Belly Fat in 7 Days (Diet + Ab Exercises)
The long answer is in the application, some of which we are about to show you.
Tip: It is important that you note that exercise is not enough you have to seriously readjust what you eat too.
With that said, let us get into the action part of how to get a six-pack.
These workout routines will greatly help you burn belly fat and define your abdominal muscles.
11 Simple Ab Workouts to Get a Six Pack Abs in One Month
1. Crunches Exercise for Six Pack
This is a popular workout for beginners looking for how to get a six-pack.
Crunches have been highly effective because of the way it works the entire 6 pack muscles. You will even start feeling the heat after a few seconds of doing it.
How to do Crunches:
- Lie on your back and keep your spine straight.
- Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Put your hands at the back of your head.
- Be sure that your chin is pushed forward and not tucked into your chest.
- Remember, the effect is in your form.
- Keep your gaze on the ceiling to help you ensure you are getting it right.
- Use your abdominal muscles to raise yourself up.
- Be sure that your shoulder blades and back are clear off the floor.
- Hold the squeeze of your abs muscles for about 2 seconds before slowly lowering yourself back.
- Do 10 reps of this depending on your fitness.
- You will do 3 sets in total.
2. Knee to Elbow
If you want to eventually stop searching for how to get a six pack, you should take this workout seriously.
The reason is simple, this exercise targets all the muscles in your abdomen! This is one of the most effective ways for how to get a six pack fast.
Here is how to do Knee to Elbow:
- Stand with your back straight, your legs hip-width apart, and your hand behind your head.
- Raise your right knee towards your abs and meet it with your left elbow.
- This will cause you to twist a bit.
- Get back to the starting position and do the same for the other side.
- Do 10 reps of this and 3 sets in total.
3. Side Plank
This is another effective workout if you are looking for how to get a six pack.
Here is how to do Side Plank:
- Lie on your side, this will put your feet one on top of the other.
- Support yourself up on your elbow and let your forearm provide balance.
- Raise your hips off the floor so that only your forearm and your foot is touching the floor.
- Stay in this position for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Switch sides and perform the same process.
4. Downward Dog Tap
This exercise focuses on the muscles of your 6 pack and helps it add mass and making them stronger.
Here is how to do Downward Dog Top:
- Bend at the hip while placing your palms on the floor.
- This will put you in an inverted “V” position.
- You can just stand on tiptoe if you feel that this position is too straining.
- Now, stretch back one of your hands and touch the alternating leg.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the movement for the other hand and leg.
- This completes one rep and you will do 10 of it. Do 3 sets in total.
5. The Hollow Body Hold
A quick heads up, this routine is only for the brave. But if you go along with it, you will benefit greatly from it.
Your entire 6 pack is getting a decent workout by doing this.
Did that motivate you? It is not exactly difficult, but it might be a little tough for a beginner.
Here is how to do Hollow Body Hold:
- Lie on your back while stretching out your hands above your head.
- Next, lift both legs off the ground.
- At this point, you will lift your stretched arms down to your shoulder blades off the floor too.
- Remain in this position using your abs muscles to keep you in place.
- Stay there for about 30 seconds before taking a well-deserved This completes one set.
- You will repeat this sequence for 3 sets to complete the exercise routine.
6. Mountain Climber
How to get a six pack? Here is one exercise that will help you get shredded fast.
You will be using your legs and moving them fast. You are essentially doing fast-paced crunches as you move your legs.
As you know, crunches have proven to be effective for abs training.
How to do Mountain Climber:
- Get on the floor like you would for a full plank with your arms stretched out and elbows locked.
- Bend your right knee and move it towards your chest.
- Drop it back down and follow it up with the left.
- You will alternate both legs rapidly in that motion.
- It is almost as if you are running.
- Do this for 45 seconds to complete a set. You will do 3 sets in total.
7. Alternating Bird Dog
Your body is the only equipment you need to do this workout. If you stay consistent with it, you will soon get that 6 pack you want.
Alternating Bird Dog exercise works mainly on your core and that is a great way to reduce belly fat and reveal your 6 pack.
How to do Alternating Bird Dog:
- Get down with your palms and knees on the floor.
- Stretch out your right hand and your left leg at the same time. You will be using your core to keep balance.
- At the same time, you are putting it to work.
- Stay in this position for 2 seconds then go back to the starting point to complete one rep.
- You will do the same for the alternating side.
- Do 15 to 20 reps of this for a set and do 3 sets in total.
8. Bicycle Exercise
This exercise will help you burn belly fat and at the same time develop your abs muscles.
It works your lower and upper abs muscles. This is what gives them the definition that turns into your six pack.
How to do Bicycle Exercise:
- Lay on your back putting your hands behind your head.
- Lift your legs and bend them at the knees.
- Lift your right knee to your left elbow while keeping your left leg straight.
- Return your right knee and left elbow to the starting position then lift your left leg to your right elbow.
- This completes one rep.
- If you are doing this exercise right, it should look like you are riding a bicycle (hence the name of the exercise).
- Repeat 3 sets of 15 reps.
9. Donkey Kickbacks
You need this exercise if you want to burn belly fat fast. Asides burning fat, it also gives your core some serious workout.
How to do Donkey Kickbacks:
- Go down on your hands and knees.
- Balance on your toes keeping your knees slightly off the ground.
- Tighten your abs and then bring your right knee to your nose.
- Hold for a few seconds and then kick out your leg straight out behind you.
- Be sure that your abs and core tight and your back is straight.
- Repeat 10 times for the right knee and do then switch legs and repeat the process.
10. Windshield Wiper
This exercise will strengthen your abs muscles and help you sculpt them. The main emphasis is on your core which is the lower part of your abs.
This exercise will greatly help you burn lower belly fat.
How to do Windshield Wiper:
- Lie on the ground and keep your arms stretched out by your side with your palms flat on the floor.
- Lift your legs while bending your knees at a 90-degree angle. This will put you in an inverted sitting position.
- Slowly move your knees from side to side and letting them go as low as possible to each side.
- You will know you are doing it properly if your motion mimics that of a windshield wiper.
- Do 10 reps for a set and 3 sets in total.
11. Plank Crunches
This exercise is like the elbow plank. The only difference is that there is movement in this one. Here is your answer to how to get a six-pack.
Here is how to do Plank Crunches:
- Get in the elbow plank position resting your weight on your forearms.
- Lift your right knee outward and toward your chest.
- Return the leg to the starting position and do the same for the other leg.
- This completes one rep.
- You will do 10 reps to complete a set.
- Do a total of 3 sets.
Other Related Resources
- 10 Best Belly Fat Burning Exercises for Flat Stomach
- 3-Day Detox Cleanse for Weight Loss and Flat Belly
- 11 Best Flat Stomach Exercises to Lose Belly Fat in a Week at Home
- 9 Easy Belly Fat Burning Exercises to Lose Stubborn Stomach Fat Fast at Home
To get a six pack goes beyond exercise as we mentioned earlier. If you don’t want to labor in vain doing all these ab exercise routines, we have given you, you need to watch what you put in your mouth too. Do some cardio, get enough restful sleep, and do everything in moderation.
If you have any questions, do let’s know in the comment box below