Shedding extra pounds in weeks can be quite challenging. But if you are willing to put in the work, then it is possible to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
In fact, you can lose as much as 20 pounds in 2 weeks! Yes, you can with determination and commitment.
Most importantly, you need to follow the right kind of exercise to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
The right kind of exercise will make it easier for you to reach your weight loss goal faster and make all your efforts worthwhile.
Therefore, we have 9 weight loss workouts to help you lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks. These workouts are effective and you should read them below.
9 Weight Loss Workouts to Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks
This is an effective aerobic exercise machine that you should include it in your fat burning workouts.
This exercise has so many benefits and they are:
- It provides cardiovascular benefits. This keeps your heart and lungs healthy and free from any kind of diseases.
- It is a total body workout. It works on the major muscles of the body.
- This works for both the lower and upper body. This helps to burn fat faster.
- It has a lower risk of injury compared to other types of exercises.
- Rowing is also efficient and convenient. It burns more calories within a short time.
- It increases your endurance level. This grows your stamina level and this boosts your metabolism level.
Rowing is quite easy to use. You don’t need any special training to use a rowing machine. It is simple to learn and use for people of different ages.
Rowing is also fun to use. You can perform this exercise and also have fun at it.
You can do this while watching your favorite television program.
Once you get used to using a rowing machine, you will enjoy it and have fun while doing it.
This is another great work out. It helps in toning your body and building your muscles.
To see a good result from kickboxing, you need to be dedicated to the workout.
This effective weight loss workout provides different benefits which are below
- It Helps to Reduce your Stress level.
Stress is one of the factors that can hinder weight loss. Kickboxing can get rid of stress.
Make you get relaxed and also burn calories at the same time.
- It Tones Your Body
This is an effective exercise for weight loss. It helps to tone your body faster.
It can be very effective in getting rid of the belly and side tummy fat.
Kickboxing also gets rid of those love handles you hate also.
- It Improves your Body Coordination
Kickboxing improves your body coordination, balance posture.
It also increases your body flexibility. This particular benefit is good for your general health.
- Better Blood Circulation
It works great for your cardiovascular organs.
This improves your blood circulation in the body.
- Kickboxing is also a fun Exercise.
It is an exercise that you can enjoy with the whole family and play music alongside.
Running can help you lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks when done the right way.
Also, you need to run for a long period of time to get a good result.
The benefits of this weight loss workout are:
- Improves your Body Metabolism Level
Running is a high-intensity workout. It keeps the body metabolism level high even after the exercise is over.
This increases the body metabolic rate and thus promote weight loss faster.
- It Protects and Preserves the Health of your Heart
Running is known for so many benefits and one of those is that it protects the health of your heart.
It keeps your cardiovascular organs healthy from any form of heart disease.
Running can also reduce the risk of having diabetes and high cholesterol level.
- It Strengthens your Immune System
Regular running promotes your immune system.
It helps your immune system fight away germs and diseases which might make you fall ill.
- Relieves you of Stress
Running boosts your serotonin level.
This hormone gets rid of stress, makes you calmer and more relaxed.
- It Increases your Bone Density
Running can reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
It strengthens your bone capacity. This strengthens your bone.
- It improves your Overall Mental Health
You generally feel better after running due to the release of serotonin.
4. Mountain Climbers
This is one of the best ways to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
Mountain climbers are great for weight loss and it provides other benefits which are:
- It Improves Your Mobility
Mountain climbers include a repetitive movement, smooth and constant motion.
This increases your flexibility. This movement helps your legs and bones to perform their functions well.
This single benefit is good for your health.
- Cardiovascular Health
The constant switching of legs helps your heart to work faster and better.
It promotes the easy flow of blood into your heart.
- It Improves your Coordination and Agility
Mountain climbers are also effective in improving your body coordination and agility which helps you to build up enough body strength.
- It Strengthens your Core
Your core muscles get strengthens during this exercise.
These muscles are important in enabling you to maintain a good posture.
Here is how to perform mountain climbers
- Go into a plank position.
- Pull your right knee under your torso.
- Now keep your toes from touching the ground.
- Return your right knee to your initial leg position and switch to your left knee.
- Continue to alternate it while running on the same spot.
- Do this for 50 seconds in the morning and night.
5. Bodyweight Squats
This is one of the weight loss exercises that can be performed anywhere.
All you need for this exercise is your bodyweight and determination.
It is very a functional workout that works on all the major muscles of your legs.
The benefits of this exercise are:
- It builds your muscle. Squats usually work on all the major muscles of your legs.
- This strengthens and develops your muscles.
- It increases the strength of your legs which is generally good for your body.
- The bodyweight squat also burns fat fast.
- This is because it increases your heart rate which gives room for you to burn fat faster.
Here is how to perform a bodyweight squat
- Set your feet apart, slightly turn your toes out.
- Pull in your lower abs and keep your heels flat on the floor.
- Bend slowly to your knees, drop your hips to bring your body down.
- Towards the end of the exercise, wait for a moment and return to your initial position.
- Do this for 10 times.
6. Push up
This is one of the most effective workouts to utilize to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Push-ups are fat burning workouts.
They help to build muscles and build your body strength.
Push-ups might appear difficult for beginners but a continuous effort will make it easier.
Ensure you follow these tips below to get a good result.
- Keep your back straight.
- Place your butt down.
- Ensure your body forms a straight line.
- Do not arch your back or sag your body while at it.
- Make sure your hands are firmly rooted on the floor. This will protect your wrist from injury.
Here is how to do a push-up
- Place your hands on the floor.
- Place your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Return to your initial position.
- Do this 10 times.
This is a well-known fat burning workout.
You can add this to your workout routine to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
The benefits of this work out are:
- Planking reduces the risk of back injury and injury at the spinal column.
- It allows you to develop and build muscle.
- Planking also ensures you are not placing too much pressure or weight on your hips or spine.
- Planking reduces back pain and strengthens your muscles.
- It provides back support to your spine.
- It increases your body metabolism level which promotes weight loss.
- Planking also improves your body posture. A good body posture provides good support to the body.
- This makes your body form a good alignment.
- It promotes the health of your bones and improves your general wellbeing.
In addition, a good posture makes you feel and look confident. This boosts your self-esteem.
Planking improves your mental health. This is because planking stretches the muscle group and this brings about relaxation.
Here is how to do a plank
- Go into a push-up position.
- Bend your elbows.
- Drop your weights on your forearms.
- Ensure your body form straight line from your shoulders to ankle.
- Stay in that position for 30 seconds.
- Do 10 sets.
This is one of the simplest forms of exercise for weight loss. Skipping is also very effective.
It is said that one can burn 1,300 calories in just one hour.
Apart from the weight loss benefits, one can get from skipping.
There are also some other benefits of skipping which are:
- Skipping improves your general energy level, coordination, balance, and agility.
- It also reduces your chances of having osteoporosis.
- This improves your bone density and makes you have stronger bones.
- Skipping improves your cardiovascular health.
- This improves the heart rate of your health and protects you from any form of heart disease.
- It also improves your blood pressure.
- Skipping is a low-cost exercise which requires low-cost maintenance. It is good for both the old and the young.
- Skipping improves your endurance level and body coordination.
- It is a full body workout. It works on every part of your body. Most especially, it tones your calf muscles, thighs.
- Skipping improves your body flexibility.
Lunges are a great workout that you should include in your workout routine.
This fantastic exercise can help you lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
Here are some of the benefits of lunges.
- They Provide Core Stability for the Body
Lunge exercise can enable you to achieve a stronger and more stable core.
This also improves balance and posture.
- It Strengthens Your Buttocks and Legs
Lunges are great at targeting the muscles of the lower body.
This boosts your metabolism level and promotes weight loss.
- It Improves Your Spinal Cord
This exercise helps to reduce the load on your spinal cord.
It relaxes your spine and this makes your spine flexible and free from pain.
- It Makes your Hip Flexible
Hip flexibility is often ignored but it is also an important part of the body.
Lunges are great in helping your hips feel flexible.
Here is how to perform a lunge
- Keep your upper body straight and stand straight.
- Ensure your shoulders are relaxed. Keep your chin up.
- Place one of your legs forward. Place your hips down.
- Make your knees are bent at 90 degrees angle.
- Ensure your other knee does not touch the floor.
- Keep your body weight on your heels.
- Return to the initial position.
- Do this 10 times.
- How to Lose Weight Fast with Exercise-Try these 10 Workouts at Home
- 8-Week Workout Plan to Lose Weight Fast at Home with No Gym
- 30-Day Weight Loss Plan; Lose 20 Pounds in 30 Days
- 11 Best Flat Stomach Exercises to Lose Belly Fat in a Week at Home
These exercises are all effective when you want to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
Be sure to remain consistent and also eat right. All the best!