Do you want to learn how to get a smaller waist and bigger hips fast? Yes, you can, even without using waist trainer!
Get this! The beauty of a smaller waist and bigger hips lies in how it gives your body a gorgeous shape. Of course, it is most women’s dream to have a slim waist. However, this tiny waist continues to elude many women today.
This article will show you the various exercises you can perform on how to get a smaller waist and bigger hips fast.
A slim waist doesn’t just appear by magic. The secret lies in the dedication, diet, and works you are willing to put into your daily exercise routine.
It also requires the sacrifices you are willing to make in your diet plan. A solid workout plan combined with a healthy diet will help to make that hourglass figure become a reality.
In order to know how to get a smaller waist, you must realize that you need the right combination of exercises that increase your metabolism and also targets your core muscles at the same time.
Enough of all the talk then, let’s get straight into the 10 waist shaping exercises on how to get a smaller waist. We have also included how to perform each of these exercises.
10 Best Exercises on How to Get a Smaller Waist and Bigger Hips
After extensive research, we have curated a list of the 10 best exercises that will help you on how to get a smaller waist.
These workouts will not only help sculpt your waist, they will also target your abs and your lower body. Follow the instructions under each exercise to use them on how to get a smaller waist.
1.Pelvic Scoop Exercises to Shrink waist
The pelvic scoop workout is one of the best moves to get a smaller waist. This exercise not only targets your waist, it also targets the entire lower body.
It works your butt, lower back, obliques, rectus abdominis and also the transversus abdominis. Follow the guide below to perform the pelvic scoop.
- Begin by lying on the floor with your face up and your back resting on a folded towel.
- Ensure your knees are bent and your feet also flat on the ground. Your arms should also be by your sides.
- Cross your right ankle to the left thigh and place it above the knee. The bent right knee should point out to the other side.
- Flex your left foot and make sure only the heel is resting on the floor.
- Round your lower back, engage your abs, and then bring your hips from off the floor. Ensure your pelvis tilts upwards just toward the ribs.
- Curl the pelvis as far as you possibly can and make sure you do not arch your back.
- Now lower back to the ground.
- Perform about 10 reps on each side of your body.
- You should do about 3 sets of this exercise.
2. Side Plank-Up Exercise for Flat Stomach
The side plank-up is another fantastic exercise to get a smaller waist. It is a simple, yet effective exercises that can be performed virtually anywhere.
This exercise targets your inner thighs, obliques, rectus abdominis and the transversus abdominis. Follow the instructions below to perform the side plank-up to slim your waistline.
- Begin by lying on your left side on the floor.
- Ensure your legs are stacked and also, you should place a rolled-up towel between your thighs.
- Now bring up your hips and let your body form a straight line from the head all the way down to your toe. At the same time, squeeze the towel between your thighs.
- Hold this position for about 1-2 seconds and bring yourself down to the starting position.
- Do about 10 reps on both sides and perform 3 sets.
3. C-Curve Exercise for Flat Belly
The c-curve move is one of the best waist shaping workouts on how to get a smaller waist.
This exercise is beneficial to your entire lower body as it targets your inner thighs, transversus and rectus abdominis, calves, and quads.
Below is a guide on how to perform the c-curve move for a tiny waist.
- Begin by standing and facing a wall with your legs placed together.
- Roll up a towel and squeeze it in-between your thighs.
- Slightly bend your knees and then hinge forward just at the hips and place your palms on the wall.
- Your arms should be extended to ensure that your back is almost parallel to the ground.
- Rise onto your toes, engage your abs, and also squeeze the towel at the same time.
- Maintathe in position for about 20 seconds.
- You should do about 3 sets. 15 rep
4. Twisted Curl Exercise for Tiny Waist
Only a few exercises can be as effective as the twisted curl when it concerns how to get a smaller waist. This exercise works the transversus and rectus abdominis.
It also targets your obliques.
- Begin by placing a folded towel on the floor and sit on it.
- Bend your knees and also make sure your feet are flat on the ground. Also, lean back and rest on your elbows.
- Press your rounded lower back into the ground and also squeeze your abs at the same time.
- Curl your torso up towards the left and also lift your arms to ensure both your hands grab the outside of your left thigh.
- Maintain this curl position for about 20 seconds.
- Now perform the same movement on the other side.
- You should do about 3 sets. 20 Reps
You May Also Read – 9 Best Waist Trainers Workout for Women
5. Side Crunch Leg Raise
The crunches are excellent fat-burning exercises and are widely considered as one of the best. This variation of crunches target your obliques, transverse abdominisand also your abs.
Follow the guide below to perform one of the best exercises on how to get a smaller waist.
- Begin by lying on your back.
- Raise the left leg and also your upper back from off the floor.
- Then reach out your arms to the left side and perform a crunch.
- Perform this move also on the other side.
- Use about 45 seconds on each side.
- Perform about 3 sets of the side crunch leg raise.
6. Bicycle Crunches Exercise for Bigger Hips
Don’t be surprised that another crunch variation made our list of the best exercises to get hourglass figure. This variation of crunches is very helpful when it comes to working the obliques.
The exercise not only works your obliques, it also targets your abs to give you a sexy looking shape.
This waist shaping workout helps to increase your metabolism and burn off more calories all day. Follow the guide below to perform one of the best exercises for a slimmer waist.
- Begin by lying flat on the floor and also press your lower back into the floor.
- Place your hands just behind your head and bring in your knees towards the chest.
- Bring up the shoulder blades from off the ground.
- Stretch out your leg to form about 45 degree angle to the floor and also turn your upper body to the left side.
- Bring in your right elbow towards your left knee.
- Switch sides and perform the same movement on your other side to make 1 rep.
- Perform about 3 sets of 20 reps.
7. Ab Rows Exercise for Bigger Hips
The ab rows workout is also another effective exercise that helps on how to get a smaller waist. This move adds strength to the muscles of the hips and that of the rectus abdominis.
It is one exercise you should include in your daily routine if you really want to get a slimmer waist in 1 week.
- Begin by assuming a sitting position on the floor and ensure your feet are bent and also stretched out ahead.
- Bring your hands behind you to aid support and also bring your knees in close to your chest and breathe out.
- Do not let your feet touch the ground.
- Return the legs back to the previous starting position and breathe in. Continue pulling the knees in repeatedly and make sure they never touch the ground.
- Perform 3 sets of 10 reps.
8. Leg Raises Exercise for Lower Body
Leg raises are another beneficial exercise that works your entire lower body. This workout not only targets your waist, it also works with all the core muscles.
It is one exercise that should be in your daily routine on how to get a smaller waist. Follow the guide below to perform this exercise that can help you get thin waist in a week.
- Begin by lying on your back and place your hands beside you. Your hands must be on the ground.
- Point your toes forward and also lift your legs up until a 90-degree angle is formed just at the waist.
- Lower the legs back down slowly to the initial starting position and breathe in.
- Do not allow your feet to touch the ground before you repeat this movement.
- You should perform 3 sets of 10 reps each.
9. Knee-Up Crunches Exercise for Smaller Waist
By now, you should know how beneficial crunches are in order to help shrink waist size.
Knee-Up Crunches are very effective and will help you reduce waist size and contribute to get bigger hips
The knee-up crunches will help you develop muscles of the rectus abdominis which is crucial to your goal of how to get a smaller waist.
- Begin by lying down with your back and also bring up your legs from off the ground.
- Cross the feet of both legs together.
- Make sure you keep your legs up just at a 90 degree angle, and at the same time bring your hands just behind your head.
- Now assume a crunch position and continue until you feel your shoulder blades come off from the floor. Then breathe out.
- Make sure your head is looking up towards the sky at this point.
- Gently return to the previous starting position and repeat the movement.
- You should perform 3 sets of 10 reps.
10. High Knees Exercise for Hourglass
We chose to leave the simplest for the last. Our last exercise on how to get a smaller waist is suitable for beginners who want to have that slim waist.
This waist shaping workout is very easy to perform and can be performed virtually anywhere. It requires no equipment whatsoever. Follow the guide below to perform this exercise.
- Begin by standing straight and raise your knees to your waist level.
- Slowly drop the knees and land on the balls of the feet.
- Continue alternating legs and perform this for 3 sets of 60 seconds each.
- Do 15 reps
The above are the 10 best waist shaping exercises for a slimmer waist.
These workouts on how to get a smaller waist are simple to perform and can be performed with no equipment.
However, if you need best waist trainer we recommend you get it here on Amazon
Are ready to shrink your waist size? It’s up to you now! Which of the waist shaping exercises to get smaller waist do you want to start first? Let’s know in the comment box.