Protein food sources are known to build strong muscles. They also help you to feel satisfied even when you consume fewer calories. Therefore, a high protein diet for weight loss is a favorite among weight watchers who are looking to lose weight.
This article will show you a 7-day high protein diet meal plan that will help you lose weight in no time.
However, this does not mean that you will consume only protein for those 7 days.
Though, you will consume quite a lot of protein sources.
Therefore, it is important that you always choose the healthiest protein sources.
Benefits of the 7 Day High Protein Diet for Weight Loss
There are a lot of benefits one can derive from the high protein diet for weight loss.
Some of these benefits include;
The human body makes use of more energy to break down protein than other macronutrients such as fat and carbohydrate.
Researchers have concluded that the digestion of protein temporarily increases the base metabolic rate by 15 up to 30% (1). This is far more than the increase from fat and that of carbohydrate.
The ingestion of protein usually triggers the production of the hormones that are responsible for signaling fullness to your brain.
This was discovered in research published in September 2013 (2). This helps to control your daily intake of calorie.
Preserve Muscle Mass
The human body is capable of maintaining muscle mass when it consumes surplus protein even without the help of resistance training.
This is helpful for those who are trying to lose weight by reducing their calories.
High Protein Food List for Weight Loss
As we mentioned earlier, a high protein diet for weight loss can help people lose weight.
This is because it helps to prevent overeating. The below foods are some of the best high protein foods that can be consumed to help for weight loss;
- Black beans
- Chicken breast
There are many other high protein foods list which you can eat in this high protein diet for weight loss.
We shall give you a sample 7-day high protein diet for weight loss.
However, you should be aware that this is a high protein low-fat diet plan.
Healthy 7 Day High Protein Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Flat Stomach
Just like so many things, the secret to this 7-day high protein diet for weight loss is a balance.
The idea is to mix different varieties of healthy foods in a balanced way.
Below is a week’s worth of healthy and smart eating.
We present you our sample 7 days high protein diet for weight loss.
- Breakfast: For breakfast, you spread half a cup of part-skim ricotta cheese on 100% whole wheat English muffin.
You should also top it with ground cinnamon and chopped apricots.
- Lunch: For your lunch, toss two hard-boiled eggs that have been sliced and mix with diced roasted potatoes, vinaigrette, baby spinach, and two tablespoons of pecans.
- Snack: Add a handful of dried cherries to ¼ cup of roasted sunflower seeds.
- Dinner: Toss a cup of shelled edamame and also a cup of cooked soba noodles to 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, a cup of sautéed bok choy, and also 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds.
- Breakfast: Before this morning, you should soak about ½ a cup of rolled oats with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds in a cup of nonfat milk and place it in your refrigerator overnight.
This morning, top it with sliced strawberries and honey before you eat.
- Lunch: For lunch, take a cup of split-pea soup and mix with 1 oz of Brazil nuts and also one side baby carrots.
- Snack: For your evening snack, you can stir one handful of raspberries and mix with six oz container of a plain low-fat Greek yogurt.
- Dinner: For your dinner, you should heat about ¾ cup of canned chickpeas in olive oil and mix with shredded kale, lemon zest, and garlic.
Thereafter, serve over a cup of faro or you can opt for another whole grain, and top it with about two tablespoons of shaved Parmesan.
- Breakfast: For your breakfast, begin by making one tropical parfait and mix with one 6 oz container of the plain low-fat Greek yogurt, diced pineapple, two tablespoon of flaxseed, shredded unsweetened coconut flakes, and mango.
- Lunch: Stir about ¾ cup of cooked quinoa in a cup bean and mix with vegetable-rich soup, just like minestrone.
- Snack: Take a part-skim cheese stick and mix with one handful of grapes.
- Dinner: For dinner, stir-fry about three oz of ground turkey, and thereafter combine it with a cup of steamed broccoli florets with one drizzle of teriyaki sauce.
Then serve about a cup of brown rice and top it with a tablespoon of cashews.
- Breakfast: For day 4, scramble about 2 large eggs, and thereafter roll it with salsa to form one whole wheat tortilla.
- Lunch: For your lunch, you should build one baked tofu-veggie sandwich and add two slices of whole-wheat toast, lettuce, sliced avocado, ½ cup of sliced baked tofu, and also tomato.
- Snack: Pair about 2 oz of roasted chickpeas and one orange.
- Dinner: You should make one BBQ chicken pizza for dinner.
You do this by buying a pizza dough in a store and top it with barbecue sauce, 1 oz of low-fat jack cheese, sliced red onion, and two oz of the shredded rotisserie.
- Breakfast: For your breakfast, begin by spreading two tablespoons of peanut butter on one banana and thereafter top it with about two tablespoons of granola.
- Lunch: Treat yourself by tossing three oz canned tuna and mix with ½ cup of cooked whole-wheat orzo, chopped and roasted red pepper, and a bit of balsamic and olive oil to form an Italian-styled pasta salad.
- Snack: You should eat ¼ cup of walnuts and mix with dried figs or about two dates.
- Dinner: Prepare one warm salad and mix with roasted beets, arugula, a cup of cooked lentils, and one oz of goat cheese.
- Breakfast: For your breakfast, add about ¼ cup of almonds to one smoothie that you made from a cup of non-fat milk, frozen peaches, and one banana.
This is one of the best high protein diet smoothies you can take.
- Lunch: For lunch, prepare a mezze platter and mix with ½ a cup of hummus, cherry tomatoes, store-bought leaves of grape, baby carrots, and one small whole-wheat of pita.
- Snack: Top up apple slices and add about ½ cup of low-fat cottage cheese with one drizzle of honey.
- Dinner: For your dinner, split one 8 oz of tenderloin steak into half and add in with the sides a cup of garlicky sautéed and mix with roasted potatoes.
- Breakfast: This is the last day and you will treat yourself with a delicious meal.
Begin the breakfast by preparing ¼ cup of roasted pumpkin seeds and put it on a whole-wheat toast.
Also, spread avocado on it and serve it with apple.
- Lunch: Add 3 oz of cooked, flaked salmon and add it to one large whole-wheat pita.
Mix it with cucumber, two tablespoons of dill-yogurt sauce, and tomato.
- Snack: For your evening snack, take a cup of high-protein dry cereal.
You can take the cereal Kashi GoLean, and mix it a cup of blueberries.
- Dinner: This is your last meal of this week and you should treat yourself with a delicious dinner.
Take two corn tortillas, and mix it with a cup of black beans, diced sweet potato, sautéed green bell pepper, and also one oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
Thereafter top it with green salsa.
- Carb Cycling: Meal Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Flat Tummy
- Healthy 7 Day Vegetarian Diet Meal Plan to Lose 10 Pounds Fast
- Best Weight Loss Diets: Try These 7 Healthy Quick Fat Burning Diets
- 7 Rapid Weight Loss Soup Diet Recipe That Works
- Best Diet Pills to Lose Weight Fast -11 Diet Pills That Work
What Is The Side Effect Of High Protein Diet?
Though high protein low-fat foods are one of the best ways to lose weight, it still has its side effects.
There are some risks associated with this high protein diet for weight loss.
Those that have kidney problems should beware of the amount of protein they consume. Eating excess protein can strain on the kidney.
This problem can worsen the way the kidney functions.
Foods like whole dairy products, fatty cuts of meats, and some other foods that are high in fat can raise your cholesterol.
This can increase the risk of heart diseases. ( Check This–How to Lower Cholesterol Level Fast; Naturally-11 Home Remedies That Works)
Kidney Stones and Osteoporosis:
There is a possibility that those on a high protein diet may urinate more calcium than they already do.
It is likely that this can make kidney stones and osteoporosis to occur.
High protein diet for weight loss is one of the best ways to lose weight.
After careful research, we have highlighted the best tips and a 7-day sample which you can use as a guideline.