Ginger water can be easily made at home for weight loss and you can easily consume ginger for its amazing health benefits. People have used ginger for several years, as a spice and home remedy, to treat health problems, such as flu, pain, and nausea.
The changes will be a gradual process, but hopefully a permanent one. Many people have been using ginger as a spice and herbal medicine since ancient times to treat health problems.
Since ginger aids in digestion and lowers cholesterol levels, it is the best ingredient to use in a weight loss drink.
How Does Ginger Water Help with Weight Loss
Ginger water is a healthy weight loss drink recipe and it more efficient when mixed with lemon and honey.
These are active ingredients( lemon and honey) that are supplements to make it an effective weight loss drink
Lemon helps in cleansing our body from toxins. A mixture of lemon and honey in this drink will help boost energy and free our body from toxic substances.
Honey, on the other hand, does contain a good amount of mineral and vitamins that are beneficial for fitness and healthy living.
Ginger Water Recipe for Weight Loss
- 10-12 small pieces of ginger (ginger peeled and finely chopped into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon
- A cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
How to Make Ginger Water Recipes for Weight Loss
- In a saucepan, add a glass of water.
- Add the chopped ginger pieces and allow the water to boil.
- Once the water boils, let it cook for 5 minutes with the lid covering it. The ginger flavor then absorbs into the water.
- Covering with a lid stops the oils and medicinal compounds from escaping through the steam.
- Turn off the flame.
- Allow it to reach a cool temperature. Excessive heat will destroy the benefits of honey.
- Strain the ginger water.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and stir well.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon extract into the ginger water and stir well.
- Ginger water for weight loss drink is then ready.
- Take this drink 2 or 3 times daily between meals. It will help to fight belly fat.
- Follow a proper diet with eating small meals and exercise for better results in quick weight loss.
- Enjoy your weight loss drink and see the results in a few weeks.
Lemon Ginger Tea Recipes
- 3 tea bags
- 2 sliced lemons
- 4 cups of water
- 2-3 tbsps. of honey
- 1/4 cup grated fresh ginger root
How to Make Ginger Lemon Tea
- Add 2 sliced lemons,1/4 grated ginger root into 4 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Boil for 20-25 minutes
- Remove saucepan from heat and add 3 tea bags
- Allow it to sit for 4 minutes.
- Then remove the tea bags and add raw honey and stir the mixture very well
- Strain into a pitcher
- Finally, pour it into a teacup and drink
Read Further: 7 Best Green Tea for Weight Loss and Belly Fat Burner
Other Benefits Ginger Water
Ginger water is beneficial for relieving nausea. It is also helping to prevent seasickness.
Ginger helps to treat the vomiting associated with a range of conditions such as chemotherapy and pregnancy.
According to a study published in Support Care Cancer in July 2012, nausea caused by the severe chemotherapy in cancer patients are being reduced by the use of ginger water daily.
These happen by conditions called osteoarthritis and rheumatism. There is scientific evidence that ginger contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Even though this takes a lot of time, they finally proved that ginger is a strong anti-inflammatory agent.
Ginger is rich in antioxidants. Your body stays protected with the help of antioxidants against the damage caused by free radicals.
As you may know by now, the free radicals are molecules that cause damage to your healthy cells.
According to an article published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry in July 2010. This study was on the composition and antioxidant power of ginger. The study shows that the fresh and dried ginger contain strong antioxidants.
Protection Against Cancer
If you want to prevent and inhibit cancer growth, all you should do is drink ginger water. This helps to kill and decrease the spread of cancer due to its richness in antioxidants.
According to the British Journal of Nutrition in February 2012, consumption of ginger for weight loss can slow the spread of prostate cancers due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. This proves that the ginger water recipe is extremely helpful for cancer prevention.
Ginger Prevents Colds and Flu
It contains expectorant and antibiotic properties to reduce effectively on cold and flu problems.
Ginger root has been used for centuries in the Asian continent as a powerful remedy for a sore throat, flu, colds, and cough.
According to research carried out at the University of Maryland Department of Medicine, shows that ginger tea can reduce the symptoms of colds and flu in adults.
Ginger Reduces Cortisol Level
Stress increases blood cortisol levels which leads to weight gain. Once you have increased cortisol levels in your body, it will be closed to impossible to lose weight and burn belly fat.
A recent study shows that ginger water suppresses cortisol production. Read Further: How to Lose Stress Weight: Cortisol and Weight Gain
Risks and Side Effects
As we all know, too much of everything is bad, there are some situations when you need to consult a doctor first, especially when pregnant or with any chronic medical conditions.
Excess consumption of ginger water may lead to:
- Abdominal Pain
- Birth Malformations
Other Related Resources:
- Best Diet Pills to Lose Weight Fast -11 Diet Pills That Work
- How to Lose Weight from Stomach; Get Flat Belly Fast
- Ketogenic Diet Menu Meal Plan for Weight Loss
- Jillian Michaels Detox Drink Recipes for Weight Loss
- 7 Healthy Diet to Lose Weight Fast in 2 Weeks
The Bottom Line
Consuming ginger to lose weight will not provide you with a quick weight loss. It will take a gradual process, but hopefully a permanent change in weight size.
Be patient to get a better result. Sometimes losing just one pound a month and not re-gaining it afterward, can be the real success.
Lemon and ginger drink recipes are extremely beneficial for weight loss. If you want to increase your ginger intake, use it as a spice for your meals.
Do not limit the ginger consumption. Cooking with ginger over time enhances its health benefits.
It has an amazing taste and you will not have to mix it with other ingredients to change its flavor.
If you have any questions let us know in the comment section below. Thanks!