Getting that toned and killer ab is not easy, but it is possible. If you are looking for best abs workouts for women at home you’ve come to the right page. Find here all the core exercises you need to get that your dream six pack and flat stomach fast.
A good number of women find it difficult to achieve a lean midsection compared to their male counterparts.
This is because the female body system is designed in such a unique way that they tend to be wider through the pelvis and they also have a longer waist.
This unique feature of the female body structure can make it a difficult task to get firm, and flat abs.
However, this article will show you the best and workout for women that will allow you to get those firm and.
Working on your abs is important because it improves your overall body shape and your strength.
Abs workout for women is directly associated with improved runner form, better balance, and injury prevention.
Though this might look like a challenging task, visible abs aren’t impossible.
You might just need to do more than the standard sit-ups.
Planks, crunches, and sit-ups are good exercises but if you really want to get your abs firm and strong, then full body moves such as deadlifts and squats are more effective as abs workout for women.
Top Abs Workout for Women
The best abs workout for women concentrates on four muscle groups in the core. They are;
- The External Abdominal Obliques; They represent the muscles in your body’s side, and you can feel them along with your ribcage, beneath the arms.
- The Internal Abdominal Obliques; They serve as stabilizing muscles and they lie just underneath the external obliques.
- Rectus Abdominus; These are the muscles that run from the sternum all the way down to the pelvis. They assist in flexing your spine anytime you walk. They are regarded as the most superficial muscles in the abdomen. Oh, and they’re the ones that are visible in those “six-packs” abs.
- Transversus Abdominus; The transversus abdominus are the deepest muscles in your abdomen. These muscles run horizontally around the midsection.
We have taken time to compile the best abs workout for women that you can do at home.
11 Best Abs Workout for Women to Lose Belly Fat at Home
Stabilization exercises are the way to go if you intend to target all those four muscle groups.
Performing a range of stabilization exercises will allow you to effectively work the whole muscles in your core.
In addition, they will stabilize the spine and your pelvis. This will, in turn, help you to avoid back pain and improve your body posture.
Even though the traditional sit-ups and crunches are good exercises.
They will not make the cut when it comes to the best abs workout for women at home.
Stabilization exercises are more effective at burning more calories and targeting your core.
The following abs workout for women should be completed about 2 to 3 times daily to give you a flat stomach and 6 pack.
Your journey to perfect abs starts now.
1. Side Crunch
The side crunch can be quite challenging to pull off. It does not only works the oblique muscles, but it also tests your balance.
We have explained below how to perform one of the best abs workouts for women.
- Begin by kneeling on the ground and tilt your body to the right side.
- Ensure you place your right palm on the ground.
- Extend the left leg and point your toes as you keep your weight in a balanced position.
- Bring your left hand just behind your head. Make sure the elbow point upwards towards the ceiling.
- Now gradually raise your leg to your hip height and extend your arm just above your leg at the same time.
- Make sure your palm is facing forward.
- Look sideways just over your hand and bring the left side of the rib cage just toward your hip.
- Lower back to your previous starting position and repeat the movement for about six to eight times.
- You can perform 2 sets and then switch to the other side.
2. Opposite Arm and Leg Raise
This is one of the most challenging abs workout for women.
Some women do the opposite arm and leg raise as part of their warm-up and this really works wonders for their core.
The move will enhance your balance, add to your strength, and also make you last longer during your exercise.
- Begin by going down on all fours and align your knees just under your hips.
- Make sure your wrists are also aligned under the shoulders.
- Hold this position for two seconds and reach forward using your fingers. Thereafter, go backwards using your heels.
- Now repeat this movement also on the other side.
- Perform about fifteen to twenty reps as you alternate sides.
3. The Abdominal Hold
The abdominal hold can be a very awkward exercise to the extent that you may not want anyone to see you doing it.
However, by the time your body starts showing results from this exercise, you will be the envy of the town.
The exercise is done with just a chair and is definitely one of the easiest abs workout for women.
- Begin by grabbing a sturdy chair and sit tall on its edge.
- Put your hands on the edge of the chair and make sure your fingers point towards the knees.
- Then engage the abs and raise your toes about two to four inches from off the ground.
- At the same time, lift your butt from off the sturdy chair.
- Maintain this position for about 10 seconds.
- Bring yourself back down and repeat movement.
- Perform this exercise for about 60 seconds.
[ Read More – 11 Best Ab Workouts to Get a Six Pack Abs in One Month ]
4. The Prone Plank
Can a variation of the popular plank exercise get simpler than the prone plank?
The prone plank is an easy yet very effective abs workout for women.
It is a move that you can do virtually anywhere. This workout is one sure way to zip up your abs.
- Assume a push-up position and make sure your palms are placed on the floor just beneath your shoulders.
- Maintain this position for about 30 seconds. Make sure your abs is contracted with your legs and arms extended.
- Your head should also be aligned with the spine.
- Gradually, you should be building strength over time.
- Increase the time during which you maintain position until it eventually gets to a minute.
5. The Ballet Twist
The Ballet Twist is simply a modified half-crunch. It involves a rigorous side stretching that is sure to work your core.
Explained below is the instructions on how to properly perform one of the best abs workout for women.
- Begin by sitting on the ground and stretch out your legs. Make sure they are firmly pressed together.
- Lean back and assume a 45 degrees angle from your hips.
- Engage your abs and bring your two arms overhead just as a ballerina would do.
- Gradually twist your torso to your right and place your right arm on your mat at the same time.
- Ensure your left arm is still overhead for about 3 seconds.
- Repeat this movement on the opposite side.
- Continue to alternate sides and perform about 2 sets comprising of six to eight reps on each of your side.
6. Squat Thrust With Twist
Some of you might not like this move but trust us this is one of the best abs workout for women out there.
By the time you perform this exercise, you should feel a burning sensation in your core. This is one exercise you will appreciate.
- Begin by standing with your feet at a shoulder-width apart.
- Also, stretch out your arms just in front of you at a shoulder height.
- Go down and assume the squat position.
- You should bend your knees at a 90 degrees angle and also twist the upper body to your left at the same time.
- Rise up to the previous starting position and perform the same movement to your right.
[ Read More – 15 Best Belly Fat Burning Foods for Fast Weight Loss ]
7. The Single-Leg Stretch
The single leg stretch is one abs workout for women that will make you feel a burning in your abs when you start performing it.
But as you get used to the workout, you will notice your “six packs” getting engaged. This is one of the best ab roller exercises.
- Begin by lying with your back on the floor and your knees bent.
- You should also lift your shoulders and head and at the same time curl the chin in just towards the chest.
- Breathe in and at the same time, bring the left knee in just towards your chest.
- Make sure you place your left hand on the ankle and your right hand on the knee
- Now lift he right leg from off the floor at about a 45-degree angle.
- Switch your legs and stretch out the left leg while you hug the right leg towards your chest.
- As you switch legs, make sure you switch the position of your hands also
- Perform between 5-10 reps on each of your side.
8. The Cobra
The Cobra yoga poses that your abs will really benefit from.
Most people always swear that it is a welcome change from their regular workout.
This workout lengthens your rib cage and also works your midsection.
We have explained below how to do one of the best abs workout for women.
- Begin by lying with your face facing the floor and your palms just near the chest.
- Bring your head up, and your chest and also the shoulders from off the floor.
- You should also pull the shoulder blades down at the same time.
- Maintain this position for about 2 seconds and lower back to the previous starting position.
- Repeat this movement for about 8-10 times.
[ Read More – How to Reduce Belly Fat in 7 Days (Diet + Ab Exercises) ]
9. Plank Crawl Out
This is another variation of the popular plank exercise. The exercise utilizes your arms and also your legs.
This will allow it to add resistance and intensity to the workout.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform one of the best abdominal workouts.
- Begin by standing tall and place your feet together. You should also engage your core at the same time.
- Bend your hips and try to use your hands to touch the floor.
- Immediately you touch the floor with your fingertips, use your hands to walk out until you assume a push-up position.
- Now crawl back up to the previous starting position. Use your hands to crawl back and also pike the hips upwards.
- Immediately the feet is flat on the ground, bend again at your hips and then lift your body back up to the previous standing position.
10. The Reverse Crunch
The reverse crunch is arguably one of the best core strengthening exercises out there.
This exercise thorough works your rectus abdominus.
We have explained below a guide on how to perform the reverse crunch.
- Start by assuming a seated position and make sure you bend your knees at a 90-degree angle and your feet should also be flat.
- Bring your arms to the front and let your palms face one another.
- Breathe out, and pull your belly button in.
- Now roll back to your tailbone and curve your spine. The spine should assume a C shape.
- Breathe in and bring yourself back to the previous starting position.
- Repeat the movement about 15 more times.
11. Boat Pose
If you are looking for an exercise that targets your lower abs, then the boat yoga pose is for you.
The boat yoga pose is a fantastic lower ab workout that will definition make sure you get those “six pack.”
Below is a guide on how to perform one of the best abs workout for women.
- Start by assuming a seated position and bend your knees.
- Your feet should also be flat on the floor.
- Lean backwards, and balance on the sit bones. Also lift both your legs from off the ground.
- Stretch out your arms straight in front of you with your palms up.
- Your body should also assume a V shape at this point.
- Maintain this position for about 30 seconds.
Getting those abs sculpted might be a tough task, but it one task that is worth it.
Remember, none of this will work without a healthy diet and also a healthy lifestyle