Do you want to lose weight within a short period of time? Summer is creeping in and there is every reason to want to take your weight loss seriously. Then, this 3-day tuna diet for weight loss is the perfect answer.
This diet is so easy to make and the good aspect of this diet is that it is effective. In fact, when followed strictly, you are able to lose weight in just 3 days. Isn’t that amazing? We are sure it is.
Benefits of Tuna Diet For Weight Loss
Tuna fish is the major ingredient in the tuna diet for weight loss. There are many other things this type of fish can do for you asides keeping your weight in check.
Tuna fish is a special variety of fish which has the following benefits:
Reduces Blood Pressure
The anti-inflammatory component which is the omega-3 fatty acids in tuna fish can help reduce blood pressure.
In addition, the potassium component which is found in tuna is a vasodilator is very good for lowering blood pressure.
Also, it is generally known that reducing hypertension is a significant step in boosting your health by reducing the strain on your cardiovascular system.
This will definitely help to prevent heart attacks and strokes, as well as conditions like atherosclerosis.
Tuna fish Promotes a Healthy Heart
This is one of the most important benefits of Tuna fish is that it promotes a healthy heart.
This is because of the high level of omega-3 fatty acids, which help reduce bad cholesterol in the arteries and blood vessels.
This also leads to the reduction of coronary heart diseases.
Additionally, it often replaces foods with high saturated fat content, which further lower the risk of any kind of heart diseases.
Aids Weight Loss
Tuna fish is known to be low in calories and yet rich in the right nutrients for the body.
The omega-3 fatty acids in tuna fish stimulate a hormone called leptin.
This hormone balances the body’s food intake with the inner desire to eat more.
This help to reduce overeating and it makes sure that your body is only consuming what it actually needs.
Allows Blood Circulation
This fish is a major source of iron in the body. It also works along with the B-complex which is in Tuna fish to play an important role in red blood cell formation.
Iron is quite important in the body because without it people become anemic and their blood is unable to provide oxygen to the vital organs that need fresh oxygen to function efficiently.
This can affect your general health.
It is known that tuna fish can help relieve depression.
Studies have found the consumption of fish can help relieve a woman from postpartum depression.
Repair Cell Membrane Damage
Tuna fish contains proteins which break down into fragments, called peptides.
These fragments serve as powerful antioxidants that specifically target cell membranes, keeping them healthy, strong, and very functional.
This is because free radicals often attack membranes throughout the body, including those in the brain, therefore, eating cooked tuna helps in improving the membrane protection of your brain.
Fights away Kidney Disease
The potassium and sodium content in tuna is well-balanced, which enables your body to manage the fluid balance
Also, when your body maintains a fluid balance, your kidneys function properly, thereby reducing the chances of developing serious kidney conditions.
Boosts Energy Level
Due to the presence of B12 vitamin in Tuna, It boosts your energy level.
Vitamin B12 major function is to increase the efficiency of your organs.
Therefore, it boosts the metabolism level, protects your skin, and it increases the body’s energy levels.
Adding tuna to your regular diet is an easy way to stay, healthy, active and energetic.
Tuna Fish Promotes Good Eyesight
Apart from increasing your body’s energy, tuna fish provides some really great benefits when it comes to preventing eye disorders.
The Omega-3 fatty acids which are present in tuna fish do not only improve your eyesight but it also prevents many eye disorders like macular degeneration.
This macular degeneration is an eye disorder which is a major cause of blindness.
Beyond the reason explained above, tuna fish also reduces the symptoms of diabetic retinopathy-blindness caused due to a worsened diabetic condition.
- Prevents Cancer
The antioxidant properties in tuna are known for preventing cancer.
Also, numerous studies have shown that tuna fish is an effective edible to reduce the amount of kidney and breast cancer.
This is because selenium in tuna performs the role of a powerful antioxidant that prevents the change of cancerous cells by nullifying free radicals.
Furthermore, there are some more encouraging results of the recent studies that prove that tuna fish plays an important role in the reduction of colon cancer.
3-Day Tuna Diet for Weight Loss – Lose 10 Pounds Fast
Here is a 3-day tuna diet for weight loss recipe
A cup of coffee or black Tea with a slice of toast bread with peanut butter and with half a grapefruit
- For breakfast, you should have a cup of coffee or black tea.
- You can add honey in place of sugar because it contains fewer calories compared to sugar.
- Also, have a slice of toast with peanut butter and also half a grapefruit.
Half a cup of tuna, a slice of toast with 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- Take half a cup of tuna along with a slice of toast with 2 teaspoons peanut butter.
- You can also have a cup of black tea or coffee.
For dinner, you can have a fruit along with this tuna diet for weight loss.
A small apple, Skinless chicken breast, a cup of green beans, 1 cup of sugar beet and a bowl of ice cream
- Get a small apple, skinless chicken breast and a cup of green beans.
- Also, take it with a cup of sugar beet and a bowl of ice cream.
1 cup of black tea or coffee, 1 slice of toasted bread, 1 boiled egg and half size of a banana
- You may have 1 cup of black tea or coffee,
- 1 slice of toasted bread,
- 1 egg that is poached or boiled and half a banana for your breakfast.
1 cup of tuna, six crackers, and a black tea
- On the second day of the diet,
- You should take 1 cup of tuna and six crackers, along with a cup of black tea or coffee.
Banana, broccoli, carrot, hot dogs
- This includes half a banana,
- 1 cup of broccoli,
- Half a cup of carrots and 2 hot dogs.
- You should also add half a cup of ice cream with low fat.
Black tea or coffee, along with low-fat cheddar
- On the last day of the diet, you should take a cup of black tea or coffee, and
- Along with low-fat cheddar cheese, an apple, and
- 5 crackers.
Hard-boiled egg or a poached egg, a slice of toast bread
- Your Lunch should include a hard-boiled egg or a poached egg, and
- A slice of toasted bread.
Tuna, cauliflower, lemon and ice cream
- For dinner, you may have a cup of tuna,
- 1 cup cauliflower, half a lemon, and
- Half a cup of ice cream that is low in fat.
You can also include pineapple in your tuna diet for weight loss in any of your diet days. As the name implies, it means just having pineapple and tuna during those diet days.
Why You Should Use The Tuna Diet For Weight Loss
This diet is one of the best diets because of the following reasons below:
It contains a whole lot of nutrients. These nutrients are carbohydrate, pineapple, vitamin c, vitamin A, folate, potassium, fiber, iron, and calcium.
It is low in calories and it promotes weight loss.
Precautions on Tuna Diet For Weight Loss
However, you should avoid consuming pineapple if you are placed on blood thinning medications.
People who are sensitive to latex are at a higher risk of being allergic to pineapples.
This is because pineapples are the major source of a substance called bromelain, this substance may interact with blood thinning medications.
This bromelain is a potent enzyme that breaks down proteins.
As a result of this, it may lead to irritation on your tongue or mouth. It can also cause an allergic reaction.
Beans and Tuna Diet for Weight Loss
Beans and tuna is another great recipe for tuna diet for weight loss that you should give a try.
Below are the ingredients needed for this recipe:
- Drained and rinsed white beans,
- Drained, flaked water-packed chunk light tuna
- Finely chopped Ribs celery
- Thinly sliced shallot,
- Chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Romaine lettuce, crackers, or toast, for serving
- Place the beans, tuna, celery, lemon juice, shallot, parsley, and olive oil in a medium bowl and mix together.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Serve it with large romaine lettuce leaves, crackers, or toast.
Veggies and Tuna Diet For Weight Loss
You can add a touch of greens to your tuna diet for weight loss by including broccoli.
Ingredients needed are:
- Pasta spirals
- Olive oil
- Fresh Breadcrumbs,
- Crushed Garlic, and finely chopped
- Kalamata olives
- Canned Tuna
- Boil a saucepan of salted water
- Add pasta to the water and cook it for 8 to 10 or until it just tender.
- Drain it when it cooked.
- Now, heat a frying pan and add breadcrumbs, lemon, garlic, olives with the oil until crumbs are golden. Add the flaked tuna and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can now cook the broccoli in a saucepan of boiling water and cook it until only just tender. Drain it well.
- Mix the pasta together with the tuna crumbs and broccoli and serve at once.
- Healthy 7 Day Vegetarian Diet Meal Plan to Lose 10 Pounds Fast
- Weight Loss: Does the Keto Diet Really Work?
- How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Days- Exercise, Military Diet + Water Fasting
Now, the question on every reader’s mind might be “can you lose weight just by eating tuna’”?
Yes, you can if you follow this 3-day Tuna diet for weight loss, we are sure you will get the diet results others have gotten.
This is because mainly because the diet contains a lot of essential nutrients that are Important to your body.
It also offers you a figure that you wish for in just three days, without affecting the normal running of your body or causing any bad side effects.
Although, you are advised to take multivitamin tablets when on this diet because it prevents the shortage of any vitamins and minerals in the body during these three days.
You must remember that you can’t substitute this diet for a full meal.
This is only for a quick weight loss diet and you should not continue it for more than 3 days at a time.
Therefore, after the tuna diet for weight loss, you must return back to your normal diet, or else it can lead to conditions like anemia and other health problems.