Best Core Workouts Routine for Beginners at Home – Getting fit and staying fit shouldn’t make you go beyond your health budget. You can achieve that great look of yours without breaking the bank by undergoing our core workouts routine for beginners.
Also, you can get relieved from back pain and also achieve a flat stomach by following these 11 core workouts routine below:
11 Core Workouts Routine for Beginners at Home
1. Bird Dog Workout
This exercise is one that should be added to your core workouts routine at home.
Bird dog is one of the core exercises for back pain. It is also well known for stabilization of the spinal cord. t is quite easily performed at the comfort of your home.
Over the decades, this exercise has been used by various gym experts and it is tested and trusted.
The benefits of including bird dog in your core workouts routine are listed below:
- Reduce pain in the lower back.
- It increases the mobility of the shoulders.
- Provides better body posture and control.
- Improves the body’s stability.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles, hip muscles, and shoulders.
- Helps to keep the spine stable.
Follow these steps below to perform this core workouts routine
- Start from a table pose.
- Ensure your elbows are right below your shoulders.
- Keep your knees right below your hips.
- Straighten your back out, keep your toes pointed out and ensure your neck is in line with your back.
- Lift your right leg and right arm from the ground.
- Extend them to the back and front.
- Stay in that position for 6 seconds.
- Repeat this on your other side.
- Make sure your neck is in line with your back and keep your gaze on the floor.
- Do 3 sets of 5 reps on each side.
2. Side Plank Core Workouts Routine
This is one of the core strengths exercises for beginners.
As a beginner, you can include this exercise in your core workouts routine.
The benefits of a side plank are listed below:
It strengthens the arms and wrists. This is because this core muscle exercise requires you to balance out or place your energy on one arm.
The process of doing that thereby strengthens your shoulders, wrists, and arms.
Strengthens your legs. This exercise can be said to be a full-body pose. It works on most of your muscles which also includes the leg.
This process strengthens your leg.
Improves your body balance and coordination.
Performing a side plank exercise the right way can help improve your body balance and coordination.
It also improves your concentration.
Builds your core strength.
- Steps to follow to perform a side plank
- Lie down on the right side of your body.
- Place your left foot on top your right foot.
- Now, drop your right elbow directly under your right shoulder.
- Place your left hand on the left side of your waist and make sure you engage your core muscles.
- Lift your hips off the ground.
- Ensure your neck is in a straight line with your spine.
- Look forward.
- Stay in that positing for 10 seconds.
- Do this on the other side and perform 3 sets for each side.
3. Russian Twist Core Workouts Routine
This is one of the core workouts for a flat belly.
This core workout routine engages your obliques, flexors, abdominal muscles and your back.
Russian twist can also be called sitting twists.
The benefits of Russian twists are:
- Reduces the risks of having cardiovascular diseases such as strokes, heart disease.
- It is great for your entire abdomen.
- Improves your body balance.
- It is quite simple to perform.
- Gives you a good body posture.
Here is how to perform Russian twists
- Sit on your floor and bring your legs straight out.
- Lean back slightly to bring your legs and torso into a V-shape.
- Ensure you are well balanced and twist from side to side without moving your legs.
4. Hip Thrust
This is a body saw work out and should be added into your core workout routine.
This exercise engages your abs, thrusts and lower back.
Benefits of the hip thrust are:
- It increases the size of your gluteal muscles.
- Reduces the overall risk of an injury.
- Helps in making the glutes higher rounder and firmer.
- Hip thrust improves your athletic power.
How to perform hip thrust exercise
- Sit on the floor, place a sofa or bench right behind you.
- Place your upper back against the sofa and your hands on your wrists.
- Involve your core, lift your hips towards the ceiling until your spine is in line with your thighs.
- Keep your gaze on the ceiling.
- Retain that position for 5 seconds.
- Now, slowly return your hips to the initial position.
- Repeat the exercise 7 times.
5. Standing Side Crunches
This is one of the core muscles exercises you can perform at home.
The exercise targets your glutes, hips, flexors, oblique and lower back.
Benefits of this exercise are:
- It improves your body balance and stability.
- Standing side crunches burns more calories than ab crunches when done consistently.
- Requires no equipment.
- Promotes your entire body development.
- It is quite easy to perform and this makes it a great exercise for beginners.
Steps on how to perform this exercise
- Stand up while you ensure your knees are bent slightly.
- Shift your weight to your left leg.
- Move to your right side while you bring your right knee up toward your elbow.
- Lower your right leg.
- Now, place it back to the initial position.
- Switch legs and do 5 sets.
6. Seated Leg Raise Core Workouts Routine
This is a core strength work out that can be more productive than a boat exercise.
Benefits of this seated leg raise are:
- It strengthens and stabilizes your pelvis area.
- Helps to maintain proper hip movement.
- Promotes proper body posture.
- It lowers back pain.
Below are steps to follow to perform this exercise
- Sit at the edge of a bench
- Place your hands at the bench edge.
- Lift your legs and bend your knees to bring your things toward your chest.
- Lean backward again and extend your legs.
- Ensure your heels does not touch the floor while performing this exercise.
- Do 10 sets.
7. Superman Exercise
The name ‘Superman’ came from how this exercise is performed.
You lift your arms and legs off the ground, which indicates flying.
Superman exercise is one of the easiest forms of core workout that you can include in your core workout routine.
Benefits of including superman exercise into your core workout routine are:
- It is best for getting rid of back pain and it also prevents back pain.
- Superman exercise defines your back muscles.
- Strengthens your posterior chain.
- Improves your posture.
Steps to performing this core muscle exercise are:
- Lie on your belly while you ensure you face forward with your arms and legs extended.
- Raise your head, your right arm, and left leg.
- Stay in that position for some few seconds.
- Repeat the exercise on your other arm.
8. Mountain Climbers
This is a core workout routine at home. It is also a core workout for a flat belly.
Mountain climbers are a great explosive body work out and it worth every of your work out time.
The benefits of this exercise are:
- Increase your body mobility
- This is because mountain climbers which include constant, smooth and repetitive movement. The movement is great for improving your joint flexibility.
- Improved mobility automatically improves your hip and your knee motion which boosts your athletic performance and it also lowers your risk of having an injury
- It boosts your cardiovascular health
- The constant switching of the legs is great for the health of your heart. This helps your heart to pump more blood and function better. This helps to reduce the chances of having cardiovascular heart diseases.
- It improves body coordination and agility
- This exercise requires body coordination which is great for your general health.
Steps to follow to perform mountain climbers
- Start on all fours only that your legs are straightened and hips pointing upward.
- Now, extend your right leg backward and your left leg.
- Ensure you keep your spine straight.
- Keep your elbows right below your shoulders and keep your gaze on the floor.
- Move with your left leg and bring your left knee close to your chest.
- Return your left leg to the initial position.
- Move with your right leg, bring your right knee close to your chest
- Do 5 sets to get a desirable result.
9. Bicycle Crunch Core Workout
The bicycle crunch is one of the known core exercises for back pain and a flat belly.
The benefits of bicycle crunches are as follows:
- It promotes weight loss. It is because bicycle crunches build your strength, energy, and power which can help get rid of a flabby tummy.
- Builds stronger core muscles.
- This is because this core workout routine works on your core muscles and also builds these muscles up.
- Requires no equipment unlike other types of core workout routine exercise.
- It gives you less strain on the neck and the lower back.
- Provides abdominal definition.
Here is how to do a bicycle crunch
- Lay flat on the floor and ensure you lower your back while you keep it pressed firmly to the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head. Bring your knees towards your chest.
- Now, lift your shoulder blades off the floor.
- Straighten your right leg out to the ground, while you turn your upper body to the left.
- Bring your right elbow towards your left knee.
- Switch sides and do it at your own pace as a beginner. Over time, you will get better at it.
- Do 5 sets.
10. Spider Plank Crunch
The core muscle exercise targets your whole abdominal region, lower back, obliques, and glutes.
Below are how to perform this spider plank crunch
- Start in a push-up position.
- Place your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Ensure your body is in a straight line.
- Lift your right leg and bring your knee outside of your right arm.
- Repeat this exercise on the other leg.
- Do 5 reps on both sides.
Benefits of spider plank crunch
- Spider plank builds your chest and arm muscles.
- Develops your resistance level.
- It is an excellent type for upper body work out.
- Engages your core muscles and it also strengthens them.
11. Sit-Ups Workout
They are very effective exercise and they provide a whole lot of benefits listed below:
Sit-ups are known as a great form of exercise because they work on a large number of muscles in your body which is not just your abdominal muscles.
Besides, it is most appreciated because it requires no exercise equipment, unlike other core muscle exercise.
Sit-ups are a go-to exercise for developing a well-sculpted body.
They are great for improving your body’s stamina.
This is because you are making good use of your body weight and this gives room for a better performance while developing your body’s strength.
Here are the steps to follow to perform a sit-up
- Lie down on your back.
- Bend your legs and place your feet firmly on the ground to give your lower body stabilization.
- Cross your hands on your opposite shoulders without pulling your neck.
- Pull your upper body towards your knees.
Breathe out as you lift your body.
- Slowly lower yourself down and return to your initial position while you inhale.
- Do 10 reps.
- 11 Easy Ab Exercises to Tone Stomach in 2 Weeks at Home
- 11 Best Ab Workouts to Get a Six Pack Abs in One Month
- Yoga Workouts for Abs-10 Yoga Poses to Reduce Belly Fat Fast
- 30-Day Ab Challenge for a Beginner to Lose Weight and Belly Fat in a Month
Your core is pivotal to a lot of your movements. That is why these core workout routines are worth the try.
If you follow our instructions and you stay consistent with it, you will definitely see results. Enjoy!