Kettlebell Workouts for Weight Loss -The kettlebell is one terrific equipment that can provide a full body workout. It is one of the most important pieces of exercise equipment that you should have at home.
It is a versatile weight that can give you a comprehensive full body exercise. Additionally, you can also use the kettlebell to perform an intense session of cardio workouts. This article will show you the best kettlebell workouts for weight loss. All these exercises can be performed right at home.
They are simple to perform. However, before we proceed to the best kettlebell workouts for weight loss, it is important you know about the kettlebell workout benefits.
Benefits of Kettlebell Workouts
There are lots of benefits that you can enjoy from performing kettlebell workouts for weight loss.
They are well known for their effectiveness in improving core power, flexibility, overall body strength, coordination, and balance.
Kettlebell workouts also help to melt fat while sculpting lean and healthy muscles.
Below are some of the amazing benefits of Kettlebell workout to burn fat and build muscle.
- Boosts strength and combines cardio
- Also improves functional strength. This helps with daily tasks and everyday life.
- They are portable and compact.
- Additionally, it is a fun, and versatile way to workout.
11 Best Full Body Kettlebell Workouts for Weight Loss
Now you understand the various benefits of Kettlebell workouts. It’s time to show you the best kettlebell workouts for weight loss that you can perform right at home.
These can either be kettlebell workout for beginners or even for experts.
Now dive in as we show you the 11 best full body kettlebell workouts for weight loss.
1. Kettlebell Swing
The kettlebell Swing is arguably one of the most popular kettlebell workouts for weight loss.
It is an high-intensity interval exercise that helps to burn fat and also boosts your cardio fitness.
Additionally, they also build power and strength.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform the kettlebell swing.
- Begin by placing the kettlebell on the floor in between the feet. Your feet should also be apart at shoulder-width.
- Slightly bend at your knees and grab the kettlebell.
- Now create momentum by pulling it backward between the legs.
- Then drive the hips forward and also straighten the back and then bring your kettlebell upwards just towards shoulder height.
- Bring back the ball downwards between the legs and continue the movement.
- Perform 15 reps of this workout.
2. Kettlebell Deadlift for Weight Loss
This is another great kettlebell workout for weight loss that you can perform right at home.
The kettlebell deadlift works both the upper and lower body at the same time.
Some consider the deadlift a good alternative to squat workout.
Whatever you think, the kettlebell deadlift is one workout that should be included in your daily routine.
- Begin by placing the kettlebell in between the feet.
- Push the hips backward and ensure you do not bend your knees as you go for the handle.
- Let your shoulders be slightly above hip height, and thereafter relax your hips and grab the kettlebell.
- Now squeeze the handle of the bell hard.
- Ensure your back is flat and your chin tucked.
- Then use your feet to push into the floor to get the hips through.
- Ensure your hips and knees return upwards at the same time.
- Perform 3 sets of about 10-15 reps.
3. Kettlebell Squats
The kettlebell Squats not only helps you lose weight, but it is also effective for toning your glutes.
Though it can be done using a dumbbell, the kettlebell is more effective to perform this squat.
- Begin by standing with your feet wide apart. Your toes should also be pointing to the front.
- Grab a kettlebell just in front of you and ensure your palm is facing towards you.
- Lift your chest, and squat until the thighs are at a parallel to the floor.
- Pause for some seconds. Rise up to the previous starting position.
- Perform about 20 to 25 repetitions.
4. Kettlebell Lunge Press
The kettlebell lunge press is another fantastic kettlebell workout for weight loss.
It is a simple, yet effective full body workout.
This exercise not only helps you lose weight, but it also adds strength to your body.
- Begin by standing straight and hold the kettlebell’s handle using both your hands just in front of you.
- Bring your leg forward as if in a lunge using the left leg.
- At the same time, use your right arm to raise the kettlebell upwards towards the sky.
- Bring back your legs to the standing position and lower the kettlebell towards your chest.
- Perform about 12 to 15 repetitions on each leg.
5. Kettlebell Russian Twist for Belly Fat
The Russian Twist is another effective kettlebell workout for weight loss.
It also helps to work your entire core area.
Additionally, this exercise also works your biceps, lower back, abdominals, shoulders, and forearms.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform the kettlebell Russian Twist.
- Begin by sitting on the floor and let your feet be in front of you.
- Grab the kettlebell and bring it to your chest.
- Bring up your feet from off the flow. Float your feet in the air.
- Now twist from side to side.
- You should feel the burn on your abs after about 5 reps.
- Perform about 15 to 20 reps.
6. Uneven Push-Ups with Kettlebell
As you might have guessed, this is simply an advanced variation of the popular push-up workout.
This exercise is more effective and engages even more muscles than traditional push-up.
It is very simple to perform and can be done with the use of a kettlebell.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform one of the best kettlebell workouts for weight loss.
- Assume the basic push-up position. Place one hand on the kettlebell and the other hand on the floor.
- Make sure your hands are apart at about 12 inches.
- Your feet should also be together, and the shoulders to the feet should be a straight line.
- Bring down your body just like the traditional push-up. Tighten your abs at the same time.
- Push your body back up to the starting position.
- Still assuming the push-up posture, remove your hands from the kettlebell and bring it to the other hand.
- Place the other hand on the kettlebell and perform the same movement.
- Perform movement about 5 to 10 times on each hand.
7. Kettlebell Half Get-Up
The half Get-Up is another effective kettlebell workout for weight loss.
Apart from helping to burn body fat, this exercise also helps to strengthen your core.
Additionally, it also improves your mobility in your legs, shoulders, and hips.
The half get-up workout can also improve your posture.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform this exercise.
- Begin by lying down with your face facing up, legs stretched straight.
- Grab the kettlebell with your right hand and raise it straight just above the shoulder.
- Bend the left knee and put your foot on the ground. Also, prop yourself upwards on the left arm.
- Ensure the weight is in line with the shoulder.
- Now sit upwards till your back form a straight line.
- Reverse this movement and return to the starting position to make it one rep.
- Perform 5 reps on each side.
8. Around the World Exercise with Kettlebell
Also known as Slingshot or Kettlebell Circles, the Kettlebell Around
The World workout is another great kettlebell workout for weight loss.
The workout helps you lose weight, strengthens your core, and also improves stability and balance.
This exercise will help your body to keep burning calories all day.
- Begin by standing tall and pull your belly button inward toward the spine.
- Use one hand to grab the kettlebell just in front of the hips.
- Then bring the kettlebell around you behind the body and move it to the opposite hand.
- Continue rotating the body ten times in a direction. Then reverse the movement and also perform 10 times in the opposite direction.
9. Kettlebell Toe Touch
This workout majorly targets the shoulders and abdominal muscles. It is one sure way to get a flat belly.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform the kettlebell toe touch.
- Begin by lying on the ground and stretch your leg up into the air.
- Use both hand to grab the kettlebell overhead.
- Breathe out, bring up your upper body from off the floor. Thereafter, reach the kettlebell just toward your toes.
- Breathe in, and bring your shoulder blades back to the floor.
- Perform about fifteen toe touches.
10. Kettlebell Renegade Row
This is an effective full body exercise that also helps you build upper body strength.
Renegade row adds strength to your core and also improves your balance.
It is indeed a powerful movement that engages the core, legs, back, and glutes.
- Begin by placing 2 kettlebells just at about shoulder-width apart.
- Assume a push-up position just on top of your kettlebells as you grab the handles.
- Ensure your body is straight from the head to the toes.
- Push into the floor with your left hand and left foot and bring yourself up using the right.
- Bring down the kettlebell and perform the same movement on the other side.
- Begin with 5 reps on each side and as you progress, you can increase it to 15.
11. Kettlebell Windmills
This list cannot end without mentioning the kettlebell windmills.
It is one of the best kettlebell workouts for weight loss.
This workout adds strength to your core, glutes, and also shoulders.
It is a good workout routine to lose weight at home.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform the windmills.
- Begin by standing with the feet just wider than hip-width apart.
- Your legs should also be straight and grab a kettlebell in one hand.
- Bring the kettlebell up just over the shoulders and make sure your arm is straight.
- Your back should also be flat.
- Thereafter, bring down the kettlebell towards the other foot.
- Rise up again and continue the movement for about 15 times.
- Thereafter, switch sided and perform the same movement on the other side.
- Ensure your belly button is tight towards the spine all through this workout.
The kettlebell is one piece of fitness equipment that you should have in your home.
It is one equipment that gives you endless benefits.
These kettlebell workouts for weight loss are the best exercises you can perform just by using a kettlebell.
Try them out, and you’ll be glad you did.