Easy 5 Day Apple Diet for Weight Loss – Do you have to fit into a gorgeous dress for that party you have been dreaming about? This is where you find a solution to that challenge. With our apple diet for weight loss, you will be shed up to 10 pounds in time for the party!
Apple is often underrated as a lot of people don’t know how to use it or know enough about its benefits.
Now you can tell that the 5-day apple diet plan we are about to share with you will not only help you lose weight but will also help you stay healthy.
What is Apple Diet?
An apple diet for weight loss is simply restricting what you eat to majorly apples.
At some point, you are allowed to include some vegetables in the diet.
Don’t worry, the apple diet for weight loss will not deprive you of essential nutrients.
An average-size apple will account for 16 percent of your daily fiber requirement as a woman and 11 percent as a man.
Apple contains loads of nutrients such as vitamins, potassium, antioxidants, amino acids, etc.
So, you can rest assured the only thing you will be deprived of when you do the apple diet for weight loss is calories and more fat.
Can apples help lose belly fat?
The answer is simply “yes”!
The apple diet for weight loss is quite effective for most people that are practicing it. One of the reasons is that it is rich in fiber which has been linked to a significant reduction in obesity risk, according to a recent study
Benefits of the Apple Diet
Apart from apple diet recipes helping you to lose weight, there are a lot more benefits you can get from the apple diet recipe for weight loss.
Some of them are as follows:
- Due to the high fiber content, apples can be filling. It was discovered in a study that eating the whole apple before a meal can be significantly more filling than apple sauce or juice.
- The peel of apples lowers the risk of diseases because it is rich in plant compounds.
- Glycemic Index (GI) is a measurement of how the body’s blood sugar rises after eating a meal. Apple is quite low in glycemic index so it is safe to eat if you’re worried about blood-sugar level spikes.
- Cholesterol and inflammation levels are key factors for heart health. Apples are known to reduce these levels which reduces your risk of heart problems.
- The high concentration of antioxidants in apples makes them capable of helping to prevent some types of cancer.
How Does Apple Diet Work?
In the apple diet for weight loss, as you can guess, apple is the main thing. You already read about the benefits of apple.
The main purpose we’re trying to fulfill here is weight loss so we’ll explain how that works.
The fiber present in apples binds to the fat molecules in your body. This prevents the fat from getting absorbed and hence excreted.
Another way apple helps you lose weight is by eating it before a meal which will make you feel full and not overeat.
Now let’s take a look at an apple diet plan for weight loss.
This plan will have you eat mainly apples and some nutrition-heavy. What is important here is that you don’t exceed 1200 calories.
A medium-sized apple is about 95 calories.
Easy 5-Day Apple Diets to Lose 10 Pounds in 7 Days at Home
- Breakfast: 2 apples
- Lunch: 1 apple
- Dinner: 3 apples
An entire day of apple is great because of all the benefits of apple we have highlighted.
Eating solely apples too will detox your system as well as improve brain function.
You should take water to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Breakfast: 1 apple with a cup of skimmed milk. If you have gluten sensitivity, you can use soy milk.
- Lunch: One apple and salad full of greens and half a beetroot. Garnish the salad with salt and pepper, mint leaves, Dijon mustard, and olive oil.
- Dinner: 2 apples.
As you can see there are other foods to eat during the apple diet for weight loss.
You will get the essential nutrients from veggies, good fat from the olive oil to maintain your cell membrane.
Don’t forget your daily supply of water.
- Breakfast: Apple with multigrain bread and scrambled eggs.
- Lunch: One apple with tomato, onion, mint leaves, cucumber, salt, and pepper.
- Dinner: one apple, broccoli salad, and carrot with turkey bacon.
Apple and egg diet is a thing too as the breakfast today shows.
We are aware that protein is an essential part of a healthy diet which is why the day is filled with it.
- Breakfast: One apple with a kale smoothie
- Lunch: Apple with clear vegetable soup
- Dinner: Apple with beetroot and celery smoothie
You’re getting a rich dose of vitamins asides the ones you’ve been getting from apples today.
This is great for your overall health and nutrition.
Sometime after lunch, you’re allowed to take a bowl of watermelon or some oranges.
- Breakfast: An apple and a boiled egg
- Lunch: One apple and grilled vegetables
- Dinner: One apple with asparagus and baked fish
Today, you eat a good dose of carbs, fat, and protein together.
This will pick up your system from the low-calorie diet you have been on.
A complex combination of foods keeps your metabolism active and burn calories without you feeling weak as a result.
Foods to Avoid during the Apple Diet for Weight Loss
There are foods to avoid during the apple diet for weight loss and some of them are as follows:
- Processed beverages – Soda, alcohol, packaged juice, and coconut water.
- Bad Proteins – Pork, beef, processed meat, chicken with skin.
- Diary – Full-fat milk and yogurt, cream cheese.
Foods to Eat During an Apple Diet for Weight Loss
- Herbs and Spices – Coriander, thyme, rosemary, mint leaves, garlic, ginger, fenugreek, chili powder, etc.
- Bread and Biscuits – Wholegrain or multigrain types.
- Organic Beverages – Vegetable juice, fresh fruit juice, buttermilk, detox drinks, etc.
- Fruits and Vegetables – Local fruits, green veggies, seasonal fruits, etc.
The first two days of this apple diet for weight loss is quite low in calories so you won’t be doing any rigorous routines.
Yoga is adequate for these days. Read more–10 Yoga Poses for Weight Loss and Flat Belly
However, on the third day when you start taking more, you can start with some cardio running, do squats, jump rope, etc.
Side Effects of Apple Diet for Weight Loss
This diet can be tough in the early days if you’re used to binging on calories.
Eating only apples will get you frustrated and might start having mood swings.
You might also feel weak due to the calorie deprivation.
Finally, you might get bored and be tempted to give up. But if you persevere and focus on why you’re doing it, you will soon feel relieved and start seeing results.
It is worthy of note that certain people are not allowed to practice the apple diet for weight loss and they are:
- Pregnant women or breastfeeding
- People with heart, liver, or kidney disease
Before you adopt this or any other diet, it is important to consult your health provider to be sure you can do it correctly without complications.
- 30 Days Diet Plan for Weight Loss; Healthy Meal Plan That Works
- 7 Rapid Weight Loss Soup Diet Recipe That Works
- Carb Cycling: Meal Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Flat Tummy
- Ketogenic Diet Menu: 7 Day Keto Meal Plan to Lose Weight for Beginners
- How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Days- Exercise, Military Diet + Water Fasting
On a final note, you can either follow the apple diet for weight loss plan we have provided or you vary it a bit based on the foods you’re allowed to eat.
Whatever you do, just make sure your daily calorie intake does not exceed 1200.
Exercise appropriately and stay away from compromising foods. As always, don’t forget to have fun!