Are you having period cramps every month or this is your first time of having period cramps? Either way, don’t worry, we all have been there before. I have compiled here 7 effective home remedies on how to get rid of period cramps fast at home.
So, let’s begin …
The menstrual cramps are as a result of the pain that comes with a monthly flow of blood and other material from the lining of the uterus in women of childbearing age when they are not pregnant.
That time of the month is never fun for most women as it causes stomach and lower back pain.
There are several natural ways to make pain associated with period cramps go away fast at home.
I’ll walk you through the whole process step by step.
Symptoms of Period Cramps
- Period cramps are pains felt on the lower abdomen.
- Emotional stress can increase the chance of experiencing menstrual cramps, nausea, headaches.
How to Get Rid of Period Cramps Fast at Home
Below are the list ways to reduce menstrual pain instantly
1. Hot Baths or Heating Pads to Reduce Cramps in Stomach
When it comes to tips on how to get rid of period cramps, hot baths or using heating pads is always a good immediate idea.
Heating pads can help relieve the pain of period cramps.
The heat soothes the pain in your belly. In addition, hot baths will also do the trick.
2. Chamomile Tea to Treat Cramps in Stomach
Chamomile is one of the best period pain relievers.
Because it is loaded with flavonoids which have anti-inflammatory properties, thus reducing pain and inflammation(1).
- A chamomile tea bag
- 1 cup of hot water
- Raw Honey
How to Get Rid of Period Cramps with Chamomile Tea
- Put chamomile tea bag in a cup of hot water for 8- 12 minutes
- Remove the tea bag and add honey
- Drink this 2 times every day and a week prior to your menstrual period.
3. Lavender Essential Oil
The lavender essential oil contains anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties which can help reduce menstrual cramps
It also has the effect of aromatherapy when massaging on abdominal to alleviating menstrual pain(2)
How to Get Rid of Period Cramps with Lavender Essential Oil
- Mix lavender essential oil with any carrier oil of your choice
- Apply this blend to your lower abdomen and back 1-2 times a day.
Alternatively, You can also add few drops of lavender essential oil in an essential oil diffuser and inhale its vapors.
4. Regular Exercises for Cramps
Another effective way on how to get rid of period cramps is through exercise.
A low intensive physical workout can help get rid of period cramps.
In addition, these exercises also decrease fatigue, headaches, and anxiety.
Below are two exercises you can easily follow your workout routine.
1.Head-To-Knee Forward Bend Exercise
- Place yourself on the ground, in the seated position.
- Extend your leg forward and bend your right knee to a 90-degree angle.
- Then press the right foot into the inner left thigh.
- Grab the left shin or left foot before inhaling.
- Make sure that your hips are squared.
- Also extend the torso over the right straight leg.
- Exhale and bend forward from the groins.
- Keep doing it slowly.
- Extend the spine, and the chest and ensure that you let your back lengthen instead of slouch.
- Pull the toe of your left foot towards you.
- Extend the leg via the left heel whilst firmly pressing your right foot into your left thigh.
- Press the sitting bones towards the ground.
- Keep this position for 1-3 minutes.
- Breathe slowly whilst looking intently at the left foot.
2. Thigh Dancing
- Sit in a kneeling position.
- Ensure that your knees are slightly wide apart and your bottom on your heels.
- Lift your hips a couple of inches off your heels and gently roll your hips forward and back.
- Make sure to contract your abs as you roll your hips forward
- Exhale deeply.
- Try to tuck your hips forward and back for about 30 times at a moderate pace.
5. Use Birth Control to Get Rid of Cramps
In regard to ways on how to get rid of period cramps, birth control is an artificial method that brings fast results.
This is because it decreases the chemicals the body produces to make the muscles of the uterus contract.
Thus, fewer contractions lead to less pain and also a reduction in the amount of blood flow with a girl’s period.
However, before using birth control methods, you should consult your doctor beforehand.
This way, you can find out what is going on and the best way to handle it.
6. Vitamins will Help
Taking vitamins before or during period cramps is an effective measure on how to get rid of period cramps.
Vitamins A, C, E, D, K and B help to prevent period cramps.
Taking these vitamins to ensure that you get the vitamins and minerals that are essential for preventing cramps.
Choose a vitamin that contains iron because you lose iron in your blood flow.
If you are still not sure of what vitamins you may need to purchase, consult with your doctor for proper assistance.
7. Raspberry Leaf Tea to Reduce Period Cramps
Raspberry leaf tea is yet another effective way on how to get rid of period cramps.
This leaf tea is tea made from the leaves of red raspberries.
A word of caution:
But you should avoid caffeine, which can make menstrual pain worse You can order for caffeine-free raspberry leaf tea here
Raspberry leaf tea also helps you to relax the smooth muscles of your uterus as it is contracting and calm the cramping of the uterus.
In addition, they contain calcium and magnesium which help to prevent muscle spasms.
Finally, you have learned different ways on how to get rid of cramps naturally and fast. Most of these tips are natural and come with fast results.
So, leave a comment and let’s know how it goes. Thanks!