Do you want to know how to use green tea for weight loss and get a flat stomach in 2 weeks at home? If you are trying to lose some pounds, maybe 10 pounds in a week. You must make sure you drink more water than before. Why did I say this? Because drinking more water is the best way to keep your body hydrated.
Apart from water, you can also drink green tea for weight loss.
In fact, the Japanese are reputable for drinking green tea for weight loss for decades now.
This magic beverage contains antioxidants and nutrients that benefit your body and improve your health.
EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) is the main antioxidant, anti-cancer, in green tea (1).
It helps to break down fat cells and covert them to energy for other cells like your muscle cells.
Green tea helps split fats which in turn cause weight loss.
There are no strict rules for the use of green tea for weight loss.
The green tea diet supports consumption of large amount of fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, dairy products and egg.
Following this diet.
You will not feel hungry and yet, your body will have vitamins and albumen in a balanced quantity.
Drinking green tea also reduces your calorie intake. This is great for burning that excess body fat and preventing obesity.
Recent research studies show that green tea leaf contains substances that are beneficial to the body, especially for weight loss ( 2).
How to Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss
Drinking green tea for weight loss is another natural way to burn some body fat.
Studies show that the substances such as flavonoids and caffeine present in green tea can help increase metabolic rate, boosts fat oxidation and even promote insulin activity(3).
Another study showed that those who consumed green tea and caffeine burn an average of 2.7 pounds within a 12-week period, while they stick to their regular diet plan.
Which green tea is best for weight loss?
Some green teas are better for weight loss than others.
If you are keen to losing weight with the use of green tea, then this article on green tea for weight loss is just right for you.
Also, note that there is the right and wrong way to brew green tea for weight loss.
When doing this, take an extra care, as boiling water is not good for the healthy chemicals (catechins) in green tea.
Leave your boiled water for a couple of minutes so it can cool down, and then pour the water in the tea and brew for another couple minutes, depending on your taste before serving.
When brewing your green tea, do not add sugar or milk.
This is because they may reduce its antioxidants, rendering it less effective for weight loss.
How to make Green Tea for Weight Loss at Home
Here are the right way to brew green tea for weight loss…
As stated above, you have to brew green tea the right way before it can work for weight loss.
Brewing it with boiling water is not the right way to go about it. See the right way below:
How to make Green Tea with Leaves
- Place the leaves of the green tea in a tea strainer.
- Put the strainer on an empty cup.
- Add hot water to the green tea leaves.
- Soak the leaves for a few minutes.
- Allow it to cool; then enjoy your cup of green tea.
Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
Apart from weight loss, there are several other benefits of green teas to your body and your overall health.
Green tea is an amazing beverage for improved and better health.’
See the benefits below:
- Green tea contains both caffeine and L-theanine amino acid that improve the way your brain functions.
- The catechins present in green tea prevent the occurrence of cardiovascular and heart diseases like stroke, heart attack and high blood pressure.
- Green tea inhibits the growth of an enzyme called Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) that limits hair growth. Hence, you can consume green tea is you are bald and need to grow your hair back.
- The leaves of green tea contain an amino acid called theanine that is useful for fighting depression.
- Green tea contains some anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that provide a solution to hair problems like dandruff and psoriasis.
- Green tea contains caffeine that helps to lower the risk of dementia and improve the cognitive capability of your brain.
- The catechins in green tea also protect your teeth from dental conditions and infections like bad breath and tooth decay.
- Green tea contains some antioxidants that lower the risk of getting some types of cancer including; breast cancer, bladder cancer, lungs cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, stomach cancer, skin cancer and throat cancer.
- Tea is effective for reducing your body’s blood sugar level reducing the risk of type II diabetes.
- Green tea helps to rejuvenate your skin and get rid of wrinkles.
7 Best Green Tea for Weight Loss and Belly Fat Burner
Here you will discover 7 different homemade green tea recipes/directions for use in order to lose significant weight in 2 weeks.
1. Natural Green Tea Recipe
This is the natural green tea recipe that everybody uses. This recipe not only aids weight loss but also improves your body’s immunity.
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 cup of hot water
- ½ slice of lemon
How to make Green Tea with Tea Bags
- Dip 1 green tea bag into a cup of hot water.
- Add ½ slice of lemon to the mixture.
2. Iced Lavender Green Tea Detox Drink
This recipe contains low calories. Lavender improves the flavor of the tea and also prevents hair loss.
Iced Lavender Green Tea Recipe
- 1 ½ teaspoons of freshly dried lavender blossoms
- 4 green tea bags
- Lavender sprig (optional)
How to Make Iced Lavender Green Tea
- Add ½ cup of water into a saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat then add lavender and tea bags to the already heated water.
- Steep for a few minutes and strain into an empty bowl. Leave to cool for a while.
- Pour the tea into a cup already filled with ice and add some lavender sprigs to it.
3.Green Tea, Kiwi, and Mango Smoothie
This is a tasty green tea recipe made with mangoes and kiwi.
Green Tea, Kiwi, and Mango Smoothie Recipe
- 2 ½ cups of frozen diced mangoes
- ¾ cup of fat-free yogurt (vanilla)
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ½ tablespoon of grated lime rind
- 3 peeled and quartered ripe kiwi fruit
- ½ cup of packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons of bottled green tea
- 2 cups of ice cubes
How to Prepare Green Tea, Kiwi, and Mango Smoothie
- Add ½ cup of yogurt, mango, lime rind, 2 tablespoons of honey and water into a blender.
- Blend and stir occasionally until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 4 different cups and place them in your freezer.
- Rinse the blender and add the remaining ¼ cup of yogurt, kiwi fruit, 2 tablespoons of honey, baby spinach and the rest of the ingredients.
- Then repeat the same procedure as before.
- Add this kiwi and green tea mixture to the mango mixture and garnish with slices of the kiwi fruit.
- You can serve green tea.
4. Cranberry Spritzer Green Tea
Combine cranberries and green tea to enjoy this refreshing green tea for weight loss.
Cranberry Spritzer Green Tea Recipe
- 4 green tea bags
- ½ cup of cranberry juice
- 3 cups of chilled seltzer
- Few drops of honey/sugar
- 1/3 cup of water
- Slices of Lemon
How to Make Cranberry Spritzer Green Tea
- Add water to a saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Pour sugar into the already boiled water.
- Stir until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add green tea bags and steep for 2 minutes.
- Remove the green tea bags and allow to cool.
- Then and cranberry juice to the tea and divide it into 4 different glasses filled with ice.
- Add chilled seltzer to it and serve.
5. Green Tea, Almond, and Blue Berry Detox Smoothie
Green Tea, Almond, and Blue Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 12 ozs of fat-free yogurt (vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons of dry, roasted and unsalted almonds
- 2 tablespoons of flax seeds
- ¾ cups of water
- 3 ice cubes
How to Green Tea, Almond, and Blue Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Boil water and pour into a cup with 2 green tea bags.
- Steep for a little while.
- Squeeze the tea bags and remove them from the cup.
- Leave the tea to chill.
- Blend the fresh blueberries, tea, and all other ingredients till the mixture is smooth.
- Divide smoothie into different glasses filled with ice and serve.
6. Iced Green Tea for Flat Tummy
This is a low-calorie green tea recipe that is great for weight loss. It also lowers the risk of diabetes and Alzheimer’s.
Iced Green Tea Recipe
- 6-8 green tea bags
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 2 cups of cold water
- ½ cup of non-caloric artificial sweetener
How to Make Iced Green Tea for Weight Loss
- Pour the boiling water over the green tea bags in a saucepan.
- Steep for 4-5 minutes.
- Squeeze green tea bags gently and remove them from the water.
- You can now add the artificial sweetener to the already cold water and stir for 3 minutes till the artificial sweetener dissolves.
- Allow the green tea come to room temperature; then serve.
7. Minty Iced Green Tea for Weight Loss
This is a delicious and refreshing green tea for weight loss. Mint prevents hunger cravings and burns body fat.
Minty Green Tea Recipe
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves (washed and chopped)
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 teaspoon of honey
How to Make Slimming Minty Green Tea Recipe for Weight Loss
- Add the mint leaves into a tall glass.
- Then add green tea bags and boiling water into the glass.
- Keep the glass in your refrigerator for about 3-4 hours.
- Use a spoon to remove the green tea bags.
- Add honey into the glass and mix very well.
- You can then add crushed ice and serve.
- Serve the tea with a straw.
Additional Tips When Drinking Green Tea Detox for Weight Loss
The benefits of the green tea can’t be overemphasized:
Green tea is different from water and you cannot just drink it anyhow and any time you like.
These tips will guide you on how to effectively drink green tea for weight loss.
- Drink more green tea during the summer and less in the winter.
- It is not advisable to drink green tea first thing in the morning.
- The best time to drink green tea is 2 hours before your meal.
- You can combine drinking green tea along with regular exercising for faster weight loss.
- Avoid drinking green tea if you are sensitive to caffeine. It may cause you to experience insomnia, nausea, stomach upset, anxiety or irritability.
- 3-Day Detox Cleanse for Weight Loss and Flat Belly
- 7 Healthy Diet to Lose Weight Fast in 2 Weeks
- 7 Rapid Weight Loss Soup Diet Recipe That Works
- 15 Metabolism Boosting Foods for Weight Loss &Flat Stomach
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss (3 Detox Drink Recipes )
As you now know, adding green tea daily is a naturally was to lose weight.
Green teas contain antioxidants and various substances that are of great and numerous benefits to your health.
Several undergone studies showed that green teas increase fat burning and help you lose weight.
This means green teas are more than just hot flavored drinks.
Get yourself one or more of the green tea recipes discussed in this article if you want to embark on a weight loss journey.
Ensure you follow the instructions and directions of each recipe for best results. Don’t forget to update us on your progress in the comments section, and share the post with friends and family.