Acne is known to be one of the common skincare problems around the world and this explains why many individuals are in search of ways to get rid of back acne quick and fast.
As a result of this need, many individuals opt for the easy way out which is the use of artificial products and creams.
But these products also present some negative side effects such as redness of the skin, skin irritation, etc.
This explains why there is a need to go the natural way to get rid of acne without using any of these artificial products.
To help you with that, we have compiled 9 natural remedies on how to get rid of back acne fast.
But, before we start, we will explain what acne is.
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when the hair follicle of your skin is mixed with excess oil and dead skin cells.
Acne is quite common amongst teenagers and youths but it can occur at any stage in life.
Back Acne Causes
Below are the different causes of acne:
- Overactive oil gland or excess oil production.
- Excess activity of androgen.
- Hair follicle clogged by oil and dead skin cells.
There are other factors that can also worsen acne and they are:
- Diet. Consuming some certain type of dietary food such as bread, chips, chocolate can worsen acne.
- Stress can also worsen an acne condition.
Certain type of medication can make you react negatively which can lead to acne.
- Friction or heat. Any form of heat can also cause acne.
- Hormones. Your skin can react negatively to hormonal changes. Hormonal changes usually happen during pregnancy, menstruation, puberty stage.
In addition, the rise in the hormone level can activate a process which leads to high production of sebum.
This can lead to changes in skin cell activity, inflammation, colonization of the hair follicles by a bacteria called propionibacterium acnes.
Back Acne Symptoms
The symptoms of acne vary depending on how severe the acne is. Below are the symptoms of back acne.
- Blackheads which is an open clogged pore.
- Whiteheads which are a closed plugged pore.
- Papules which are as red, tender bumps and are small in size.
- Painful, pus-filled lumps which are underneath the surface of the skin.
- Big, solid, and painful lumps found underneath the surface of the skin.
- Small, red, tender bumps.
9 Best Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight
Here are the 9 home remedies on how to get rid of acne at home.
1. Honey and Cinnamon Home Remedy
The combination of honey and cinnamon provides an excellent source of antioxidants.
Studies have shown that applying antioxidant to the skin is more effective in getting rid of acne. Honey and cinnamon both have the power to fight away bacteria and to reduce inflammation.
Apart from getting rid of acne, they also provide the following functions:
- It cures arthritis. Just a cup of warm water with cinnamon and honey can help to cure arthritis.
- It destroys germs in the bladder, thereby reducing the risk of having a bladder infection.
- Reduce the level of cholesterol in the body by 10 percent just within 2 hours of taking it.
- Cures chronic cough, cold, and clear the sinuses.
- Helps to prevent heart-related issues e.g. heart attack.
- It restores hearing
- Gets rid of fatigue and this is due to the sugar content of honey.
- Relieves you of indigestion and this helps to digest the heaviest food.
- It boosts your immune system. It also protects it from bacterial and viral infection.
How to make honey and cinnamon
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and cinnamon to form a paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse it off completely and pat it dry.
- Do these three times a week.
2. Apply Green Tea on Your Skin
Green tea is known for its many benefits which are:
- It improves your brain function and this makes you smarter. This is due to the presence of amino acids in green tea.
- Green tea is also known for the fat burning components and it also increases your physical performance.
- The antioxidants in green tea may help to lower the risk of cancer.
- Lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- May reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems.
- Improves dental plaque and lower the risk of infection which reduces bad breath due to the catechins in green tea.
- May protect your brain in old age and lower the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Green tea works for your skin due to the flavonoids and tannins which is present in green tea.
- It is known for fighting inflammation and to reduce bacteria.
- Another antioxidant is known as epigallocatechin -3-gallate (ECG) can reduce the production of sebum and fight away inflammation.
Here is how to use green tea to get rid of chest and back acne
- Drop green tea into boiling water and leave it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After that, let it cool down.
- Now, use a cotton ball to apply the tea to your skin or pour it inside a spray bottle and spray it on your back.
- Allow it to dry up.
3. Use Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Back Acne
Aloe vera is known as one of the best back acne products.
Aloe vera is a tropical plant which produces a clear gel via its leaves.
This gel is usually added to soaps, lotions, creams, and ointments. This can be used to treat burns, rashes, abrasions, and various skin conditions.
Aloe vera provides any of these benefits below:
- Speeds up the healing of burns and other types of injury.
- Reduces dental plaque e.g tooth decay, tooth disease when you use it regularly as a mouth wash.
- Treats canker sore or mouth ulcers.
- Reduces constipation.
- It may help to prevent wrinkles.
- Lowers blood sugar level in the body.
Here is how to use Aloe vera to get rid of back acne
- Scoop out the gel from the aloe vera plant with a spoon.
- Apply it on the back acne scar to get rid of the back acne in a week as a moisturizer.
- Repeat this 1-2 times in a day.
4. Improve Your Hygiene Level
Your hygiene level is one of the fastest ways to get rid of back acne.
This is because your hygiene can affect your entire body system positively or negatively.
Follow these tips on how to get rid of back acne by improving your hygiene level
- Change your bed sheet often. Remember you lay on your bed sheet often and your back skin is in direct contact with your bed sheet. Therefore, it has direct access to germs and bacteria.
- Ensure you take out time to wash your bed sheet and change it often.
- Wash your towel and clothes frequently. Don’t pile up your dirty clothes and don’t re-wear them. Doing this can cause more harm than good to your skin.
- You should wash your clothes with a good detergent and spread them under the sun if possible, in order to kill any type of germs and bacteria.
- Shower after sweating
- Ensure you use the shower after exercising or after doing strenuous work. Don’t ever allow sweat to get dried up on your body.
This is because this can lead to irritation and this breeds room for other skin infections.
5. Use Tea Tree Oil As A Home Remedy
Tea tree oil is an essential oil which is gotten from the leaves of melaleuca alternifolia. The leaves are commonly found in Australia.
It is an essential oil known for fighting bacteria and skin inflammation.
The oil works by generating and drying up the clogged pores.
Studies have also shown that applying it on your skin can help to treat acne.
Benefits of Tea tree oil
- It can be used as an insect repellant to kill insects.
- Boosts the healing of the wound.
- Soothes skin inflammation.
- Gets rid of nail fungus.
- It can be used as a natural deodorant to control underarm odor for fighting bacteria.
- Tea tree is a chemical-free mouth wash.
- It also controls dandruff.
Here is how to use tea tree oil to get rid of acne fast
- Before you apply it on your skin, ensure you dilute it with a small carrier oil.
- Do a patch test to ensure you don’t react to tea tree oil.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it on your skin.
6. Take Good Care Of Your Hair Products
Hair products such as hair conditioner or shampoo can rub off on your back when in use.
Therefore, it is important you use body wash or exfoliate after using the conditioner.
This will ensure that no thick product remains on your skin after use.
In addition, oily hair can also contribute to acne.
Hence, you should keep your hair off your back when working and sweating.
Ensure you wash your hair regularly to reduce oil.
7. Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Back Acne
Apple cider vinegar can be used as a back acne treatment.
It can also help to get rid of lower back acnes.’
Apple cider vinegar works by regulating your skin PH level.
This leads to clearer skin. It also dries off oily skin and keeps blemishes away.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- It fights and kills many types of harmful bacteria.
- Lowers your blood sugar level.
- It promotes weight loss.
- Lowers cholesterol level and improves the health of your heart.
- May protect you against cancer.
How to use apple cider vinegar on how to get rid of back acne
- Combine some drops of Apple cider vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Spray it on the back acne scar or spot.
- You can also use a cotton ball to dab it on your skin before going to bed.
- Also, add apple cider vinegar to your diet. Take it every morning.
8. Use Salt-water Bath
Saltwater bath is one of the known ways you can easily use to get rid of skin infections.
Below are some of the other benefits of using Saltwater bath
- It builds your immunity level and this increases your body’s immunity from diseases.
- Salt is high in antibacterial properties which eliminate pathogens and also starves harmful microbes.
- Increases your body energy and helps to remove excess acid from the cells.
- Soothes injuries of the muscle.
- Aids chronic pain relief in treating rheumatoid arthritis.
- Decreases congestion.
- It boosts your overall health by regulating your blood sugar level, improves your cardiovascular health, boosts your circulatory nerve function amongst others.
Steps to follow to use a saltwater bath
- Get 2 cups of Epsom salt.
- A half-cup of unflavoured oat
- Soak it for 20 minutes.
- Use it to bathe.
9. Watch Your Diet
Eating the right food is one of the ways on how to get rid of back acne. Remember you are what you eat.
Eating healthy can help prevent your skin from infection.
It is recommended that you avoid foods like bread, rice, potatoes because it can increase your blood sugar and increase acne.
If you follow the steps and do the things we suggest here, you will not only get rid of back acne, you will also have radiant skin.
Do note that before you apply some of the ingredients to your body, you might want to test it on a small patch first and