Do you want to get rid of skin tags overnight? You will learn from this article, about the causes, removal, and treatment of skin tags (acrochordons). Plus, skin tags before and after pictures.
Look! Have you ever walked around thinking all eyes were on you because you had something people might consider unpleasant on your body?
That’s how it feels to have skin tags. Most times though, no one is staring at it and it’s just your mind calling your attention to it.
Should you decide to do something about your skin tags, we’ll give you 10 easy ways to get rid of skin tags.
Skin tags, known as Acrochordons in the medical community, are soft, small, benign growths that hang out from the surface of the skin.
Skin tags are not cancerous at all and are not known to be painful or uncomfortable.
However, they can be irritated by jewelry or clothes and are considered unsightly by most people. Hence, it is ideal to know ways to get rid of skin tags.
Although removing skin tags is not considered a medical issue but a cosmetic one, it doesn’t trivialize the desire to see it gone.
Who wants a growth that should not be there, no matter how painless, following them around anyways?
What Causes Skin Tags?
So why do the people get skin tags? Truthfully, there is no definite scientific proof that anything in particular causes skin tags.
What we do know, however, are a number of factors that are recognized to increase the risk of skin tags developing on the body. These factors include:
One of the major players when it comes to skin tags is friction.
It is a fact that the areas of the body where skin tags are prone to develop the most are areas where skin rubs against clothing frequently, rub against jewelry or against the skin.
If the place this friction occurs now happens to be moist, skin tags may consider it a warm welcome and just grow there.
Since we have established that friction increases the chances of developing skin tags and overweight people have a lot of overlapping skin, the risk of having skin tags is even higher.
In obese people, their skin and its ample folds are more likely to rub against something.
With all the goings-on in the female body, women are more prone to develop skin tags.
Who could blame the body? It has a lot to handle and one or two skin tags may just slip by its defenses.
Skin tags have been observed to pop up more in adulthood, around middle age to be precise.
Some toddlers and children may also develop skin tags but this is a rarity.
Pregnant women, with their heavier-than-normal weight and their body in a state of constant growth.
Also, run the risk of growing skin tags along with all other types of growths that occur on the skin during this period.
As we noted earlier, there is no scientific proof but skin tags are also attributed to diabetes.
It may have to do with the body’s resistance to insulin (doctors don’t know why), but it has been observed that people who are diabetic run a higher risk of having skin tags.
We already know that good and bad things are passed down from one family member to another.
So it stands to reason that if a family member has skin tags, one or more people in that family may have a higher risk factor for developing skin tags.
Where Does Skin Tag Grow?
If it’s covered by skin, skin tags can grow there. Most places skin tags grow on the body include:
- The base of the neck
- Eyelids and under/around the eyes
- In/around the groin folds
- Buttock folds
- Under the breast
Is that all? Not at all. Though unusual, skin tags may also occur around the external genitalia in places like:
- the penis,
- the penis tip,
- the labia majora,
- labia minora.
Treatment of Skin Tags
When it comes to the removal of skin tags, there are various options available. There are the conventional methods of removal espoused by dermatologists.
These conventional methods number in five and include:
Skin Tags Laser Removal
To remove skin tags this way requires CO2 lasers and a local anesthesia.
Ths method is considered non-threatening and is gaining ground in spas, dermatology clinics, and skin care centers.
When we say ‘freezing’, we do not mean slapping an ice pack or ice cubes on your skin tags at home.
Cryotherapy involves the careful application of liquid nitrogen to the affected areas by a doctor. It is fast becoming an acceptable way to get rid of skin tags.
Skin Tags Surgery
A surgical procedure to remove skin tags is another convenient way to get rid of skin tags. With a topical anesthetic and a scalpel, its bye skin tags.
Burning off Skin Tags (also called Cauterization)
Although it sounds easy, burning off skin tags is not easy and should only be done by an experienced medical personnel.
To cauterize a skin tag, a special tool is heated and then gently placed on the skin tag.
Besides the conventional methods of treating skin tags. Another way to get rid of skin tags (when you’re sure it’s a skin tag and nothing else) is by using skin tag home remedies.
These may involve using natural oils and extracted juices.
These are all natural remedies that are extremely useful to get rid of skin tags.
Finally, for the adventurous people, you can experiment with alternative methods to get rid of skin tags. These methods include:
Using Nail Polish
It might seem a little surprising that nail polish is effective for skin tag removal.
To get rid of skin tag this way, introduce a single coat of nail polish to the skin tag more than once a day.
After a few days, the skin tag may begin to disengage from the skin.
Using Duct Tape for Skin Tags
Another method that ‘supposedly’ works to get rid of skin tags is the use of duct tape to dry out the skin tag until it falls off.
- This is done by placing a small square of duct tape on the skin tag and leaving it on all day.
- It’s a rinse and repeat thing. This means that you apply a fresh tape each day until you get results.
- It usually takes about 10 days. ( or Get Skin-Tac™ Adhesive Barrier Here)
Tying it Off
With the use of dental floss, fishing line, or a string, you can tie the base of your skin tag till its firm but not painful.
- With the string in place, cut off the excess skin (with extreme care) and leave the string on.
- This method causes the skin tags to fall off due to lack of circulation.
Using Over-the-counter Drugs
There are a number of over-the-counter drugs that claim to get rid of skin tags with just a few applications.
- TagBand Micro Skin Tag Remover Device ( Buy Here)
- Apothecary Extracts – Tea Tree Oil ( Buy Here)
- HaloDerm Removes 3 Moles or Skin Tags (Buy Here)
- SkinPro Skin Tag Remover & Mole Corrector (Get One Here)
- [UV Light Sterilization Version] Skin Tag Remover Pen (Buy One Here)
Well, Cher, I hear you but all these cauterization and cryotherapy-whatever business seem awful fancy-shmancy. Aren’t there easy ways to get rid of skin tags?
So glad you asked!
Here is a list of 10 easy ways to get rid of skin tags.
10 Easy Ways on How to Get Rid of Skin Tags
1. Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin Tags
If you’re serious about skincare, apple cider vinegar is a must-have. Its immense benefits are the reason it tops the list of treatments for skin ailments such as eczema, acne and of course, skin tags.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin Tags
- All you need to do is soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar
- Then hold it in place over the skin tag for about 20 minutes or till the skin tag is totally saturated.
- If you observe a little irritation to the skin, dilute the apple cider vinegar with a little water.
Note: A little itching is normal. If you observe no irritation to the skin, you may try this treatment more than two times a day until the skin tag falls off.
This may take a few days or even a couple of weeks. Be patient.
2. Use Tea Tree Oil for Skin Tags
Like the apple cider vinegar treatment, tea tree oil is one of the best skin tag home remedies. Tea tree oil has anti-fungal properties that make it a safe way to treat skin ailments.
How to use Tea Tree Oil for Skin Tags
- Simply dip a cotton ball into the water
- Put three drops of tea tree oil on it and use it to saturate the skin tag.
- With consistent application, skin tag should begin to dry up in a few days.
3. Apply Crushed Garlic Juice
While this is not the most pleasant-smelling option, using crushed garlic is a smart way to get rid of skin tags on your armpit and remove skin tags on neck.
How to Use Garlic Juice for Skin Tags
- All you need to do is crush a clove of garlic in a small bowl
- Then dip a cotton ball in the garlic juice
- Place it over the skin tags and then hold it in place with a bandage.
- You can also slice the garlic into large, round, thin slices and place one slice over the skin tag.
- As with the crushed juice option, secure the slice of garlic over the skin tag with a band-aid.
- This method works to remove skin tags on vagina as opposed to using garlic juice.S
4. Apply Oregano Oil
Because oregano oil possesses antiseptic effects.
Use Oregano Oil for Skin Tags
- All you need to do is drop about 4 or 5 drops on a cotton ball
- Then apply a few times a day to your skin tag until you get some results. ( Buy Oregano oil Here )
As with all skin tags home remedies, do not apply to broken skin and discontinue use if irritation persists.
5. Use Castor Oil as Skin Tags Removal
To effectively get rid of skin tags using castor oil,
How to Use Castor Oil for Skin Tags
- Mix some baking soda with the castor oil till you have a thick paste. (Buy Castor Oil Here)
- Use a cotton ball to apply this paste to your skin tags a few times a day.
- It might take a few days or even weeks to get results depending on your skin and the location of your skin tags.
6. Iodine for Skin Tags
Apart from being used to treat wounds, liquid iodine solution can be used to treat skin tags.
- Apply a few times a day to your skin tag till it begins to dry up and eventually fall off.
7. Lemon Juice
Do This: Squeeze lemon juice into a clean bowl, dip a cotton ball into it and place it over your skin tag.
Repeat this application about three times a day to get results. Patience is key.
8. Aloe Vera for Skin Tags
To do this, you can buy Aloe Vera from the store or slice a fresh one to squeeze out its gel directly on the skin tag.
- Apply a few times a day.
- To stress again, you can’t get results immediately. It doesn’t work that way.
9. See a Dermatologist
This is hands-down the best way to remove skin tags. You will have to pay for it out of pocket as it is a cosmetic issue.
Your insurance might not cover the cost but see a doctor get rid of your skin tags covers you on several fronts.
Doctors have the experience and the tools you don’t have. You don’t run the risk of harming yourself in the process of trying to fix things by yourself.
Also, you can get tested to be absolutely sure that what you wish to remove is actually a skin tag.
10. Pineapple Juice, Dandelion Juice & Fig Stem Juice Mix
On a final note, you can use any of these juices the same way you would use other skin tag home remedies; apply with a cotton ball at least three times a day till you get results.
So, there you have it; How to get rid of skin tags (10 easy ways).
If you use any of these methods and it doesn’t work, what you have may NOT be a skin tag. See a doctor immediately!