Shaving is affordable and also a popular option that many uses to get rid of pubic hair. Though, shaving the areas around the vagina can result in razor bumps or burns. This can lead to extreme discomfort and skin irritation. This article will show you the symptoms, causes and also how to get rid of razor bumps on vag.
There are those that shave the hair from their labia and vulva.
In some cases, these people experience razor burn near their vagina and this can be very uncomfortable.
It can cause a burning sensation, intense itch, and also red bumps.
Before we go to how to get rid of razor bumps in a bikini, it is important we talk about the symptoms and causes of razor bumps ingrown hair.
Razor Burn on Vag Symptoms
So many people are unaware of the symptoms of razor burn.
Most people are always scared when they feel pains in the area around their vagina.
They sometimes confuse the with STD. There are some symptoms that are peculiar to razor burn and we will clarify them here.
The first thing you should always look for is a pain.
Are those bumps tender to touch? This is because sensitive or slightly painful bumps arise as a result of razor burn.
Next, you should check if these bumps are jagged or smooth.
If it is a painless and smooth bump, then it might be just a simple skin tag. ( Check here how to get rid of skin tags fast and naturally)
But if jagged, or rough just like cauliflower, then you might have a genital wart. ( Find here Home remedies to get rid of warts fast)
You should also check if these bumps are closed or open.
Pimples, rashes, and razor bumps are known to cause bumps or burn that are closed.
The bumps from herpes are usually open and they also scab over after some days.
However, if you suspect these bumps maybe something else other than razor burn, then it is recommended you visit the doctor.
Causes of Razor Bumps
There are many ways through which you can develop razor bumps. Below are some of the ways through which razor bumps occur;
- Shaving against your hair’s direction
- Shaving too fast
- When you use an old razor
- When you make use of shaving products that your skin is sensitive to.
- Using a shaving razor that is clogged with soap, shaving cream, and hair.
- Shaving one area many times.
- When you shave without making use of a lubricant such as water, shaving cream, or soap.
How to Avoid Razor Bumps
It is important you know how to avoid razor bumps before proceeding to how to get rid of razor bumps down there.
You can stop razor bumps before they happen by regularly following good shaving habits and also following the tips below.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly to get rid of those dead cells.
- Apply a lubricant before shaving. You can make use of shaving cream or soap.
- Do not pull your skin tightly as you shave.
- Ensure you always shave in the right direction. You should shave in the same direction your hair grows.
- You should also frequently rinse your blade as you shave.
- After you shave, you should apply cold washcloth or simply use cold water to rinse the skin. This will help close the pores.
- Also, you should learn to replace your blade or razor frequently.
- Finally, you should try to use an electric razor or even other hair removal methods that are safe.
Home Remedies on How To Get Rid of Razor Bumps in The Bikini Area
1. Honey for Razor Bumps
Honey is known to be loaded with antibacterial properties (1).
This is the way it is used to cure numerous skin diseases. It is also used in many skincare products.
Honey is also effective in helping to reduce the swelling and redness that you experience when you have razor bumps.
Below is a guide to use honey to help you on how to get rid of razor bumps on vag.
- Begin by using your fingertips and apply some honey on your skin.
- Allow it to dry naturally.
- Wash your skin using cold water and also pat dry
- You should do this about 3 times every day.
2. Black Tea Bags
Black tea is loaded with tannic acid.
This tannic acid is helpful in reducing redness and inflammation of razor bumps.
Below is a guide on how to use black tea for razor bumps and ingrown hair treatments.
- Take the tea bag and dip it in hot water.
- Allow it stay in the water for some minutes.
- Thereafter, remove it from the water and put it on your dish.
- Take the dish and place it in your refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Now simply rub this cool tea bag on the affected area for about 3 minutes.
- You should do this many time daily for fast relief.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar for Razor Bumps Treatments
Apple cider vinegar is one ingredient that has a lot of benefits.
Its anti-inflammatory properties help to lower itching and inflammation that is caused as a result of razor bumps.
It also helps to wage war against bacteria that cause infection.
Below is a guide on how to use Apple cider vinegar to cure bad bikini razor bumps.
- ½ cup of the apple cider vinegar.
- A cotton ball
- warm water
- Begin by taking ½ cup of the apple cider vinegar.
- Thereafter, soak a cotton ball in the apple cider vinegar.
- Apply the cotton ball gently on your skin and allow it to dry out.
- Wash affected the area with warm water and let it dry.
- Do this about 3 times daily.
4. Aloe Vera For Shaving Bumps
Aloe vera is one fantastic bikini razor bump remedy. It is known to help cool the skin down.
This helps it to reduce inflammation.
Another added benefit is that it helps to moisturize the affected area.
You can use aloe vera to make your own razor burn cream.
- Use the aloe vera gel to rub the spot.
- Allow it to completely dry.
- Wash off using cold water and dry your skin.
- You should do this about 3 times daily.
5. DIY Homemade Shaving Bump Cream
This is a special recipe that is also effective when it comes to how to get rid of razor bumps on vag.
This moisturizing shaving cream will help you get rid of razor bumps on pubic area.
It will also help nourish your skin and soften your hair.
This means that it will help reduce irritation whenever you shave.
The ingredients in this recipe are all loaded with antibacterial properties which help to calm irritated, and red skin.
- ¼ cup of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- ½ cup of solid coconut oil
- About 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- ¼ cup of liquid castile soap
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Begin by taking an electric mixer and whip the ½ cup of coconut oil till it’s smooth and fluffy.
- Low the mixer and then whip in the other ingredients till they all blend.
- Thereafter, store in a plastic container in your shower.
6. Cold Compress
The cold compress is one of the fastest methods to get rid of razor bumps on the private part.
It ranks high as one of the best products for razor bumps.
Cold compress instantly cures razor bumps.
It cools the burning feeling that arises as a result of razor bumps. It also helps to soften your skin.
- Take a thin cloth-like a handkerchief and place a few ice cubes into it.
- Wrap it up and place it on the inflamed area for about 10-15 minutes.
- Do this as many times as possible daily until your burning sensation subsides.
7. Witch Hazel for Razor Bumps
Witch hazel is one of the best remedies for razor burn.
It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and astringent properties which makes it perfect to get rid of razor bumps in a bikini area.
It helps to smoothen the skin and also reduce inflammation.
Below is a guide on how to use one of the best razor bumps remedies.
- Take a hydrosol solution that has witch hazel and dips a cotton ball in it.
- Apply the cotton ball onto the affected area.
- Allow it on and ensure you do not wash it off.
8. Baking Soda to Get Rid of Razor Bump
Baking soda is known to have anti-inflammatory properties which enable it to serve as a cure to shaving bumps.
It helps to soothe the skin around the vagina.
It also reduces itchiness.
Below I a guide on how to use baking soda to get rid of razor burn.
- Begin by dissolving a tablespoon of baking soda in a glass of water.
- Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and apply on the inflamed area.
- Allow it on for about 5 minutes.
- Thereafter, wash off using cold water.
- Do this about 3 times daily or only when necessary. You should be careful because baking soda can dry your skin.
It can be frustrating seeing razor bumps on your skin. It’s understandable that you would want to find any means on how to get rid of razor bumps on vag.
This is why we took out time to bring you remedies on how to get rid of razor bumps in a bikini area.
These remedies work for both vagina and armpit razor bumps. Try them out and let us know how fast they work.