Yoga Workouts for Abs- Don’t we all love flat belly? Those sexy and carefully sculpted abs are a sight to behold for most of us. However, by now you already know that there are many ways to get that flat stomach and a six pack abs.
Some people opt for the traditional abs’ exercises (which sincerely are boring to most of us), while others opt for yoga workouts for abs and flat stomach.
For the lovers of yoga to get rid of belly fat, then you will really be interested in this article.
The time to start working on your hot summer body is here. We have curated the 10 best yoga workouts for and that you can perform from the comfort of your home.
We have no doubt that these will easily become your favorite training technique. It’s time to get that summer body.
Yoga Workouts for Abs-10 Yoga Poses to Reduce Belly Fat Fast
Yoga is much more than a relaxation method. It is effective for improving balance and flexibility, strengthen the muscles, and relieving you of back pain.
Apart from that, its effectiveness to help sculpt the abs and flatten the stomach is also widely known.
We have explained below the 10 best yoga workouts for abs that you can perform.
Get used to these yoga exercises and perform them to help you with those abs.
1.The Revolved Side Angle Pose
This pose is also known as the Parivrtta Parsvakonasana.
It is one of the best yoga workouts for abs and it also strengthens the abdominal core muscles.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform the revolved side angle pose.
- Begin by kneeling and assuming a praying position.
- Stand on any of your knees and bend it just at a 90-degree angle.
- Then extend your other leg and make sure you balance on the toes.
- Bend your body to the other side. You can also face forward in order to aid your balance.
- Maintain this position for about 30 seconds.
2. The Plank Pose
The popular plank pose also makes our list of top yoga workouts for abs.
You might know of the plank pose, but we doubt if you know it’s also called the Kumbhakasana.
Explained below is the proper way to perform the plank pose or kumbhakasana.
- Begin by lying on the floor with your face facing down.
- Bring up your body onto your straightened arms.
- Now balance on those toes.
- You can also continue to face down or face forward.
- Maintain this position until you feel exhausted.
- Take a short break and then repeat movement a few more times.
- Perform this pose daily.
3. The Tree Pose
Also known as Vrksasana, the tree pose is regarded as one of the easiest, yet effective yoga workouts for abs out there.
The pose not only works the abdominal muscles, but it is also known to add to your balance.
Additionally, the tree pose is one of the best yoga positions for meditation.
- Begin by standing tall and bring your right foot to the inside of the left hip.
- Also, let your arms assume a praying position.
- Make sure you also put a smile on your face.
- Maintain that position for about 60 seconds.
4. The Boat Pose for Flat Abs
This is one of our favorite poses. The boat pose is also known as Paripurna Navasana.
Here is one pose that aggressively works your abs.
Note: If you’re performing this yoga workout for ab for the first time, it is more likely that you’ll feel a burning sensation in your abdominal region.
You’ll notice the impact it has had on your abs as you get used to the pose.
The boat pose cannot be performed correctly without engaging the abs.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform the boat pose.
- Begin by lying with your face facing upwards.
- Stretch out and lift your legs from off the ground.
- Slowly bring your body up.
- Form the “sides” of a boat by stretching your arms.
- Maintain this pose for about 60 seconds.
5. The Bow Pose
Some people are of the opinion that the bow pose is too easy to perform.
You might be right, but you must also understand that this pose, though simple, is a very effective workout that engages your abs.
Also known as Dhanurasana, the pose puts pressure on your abs thereby strengthening them.
Below is a guide on how to properly perform one of the best yoga workouts for ab.
- Begin by lying with your face facing down.
- Bring up both feet and hands.
- Now hug your feet using your hands.
- Maintain this pose for about 30 seconds.
- Gradually increase the time to about 90 seconds as you get used to the pose.
6. The Cow Pose
The cow pose is also known as Bitilasana. It is a favorite among those who want their abs to be as hard as steel.
This pose also provides a gentle massage to your spine and neck.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform the cow pose.
- Begin by kneeling on your mat
- Now straighten your arms and also bring the weight of your upper body on the arms.
- Bend the spine upwards as if in a cat pose
- Thereafter, push the spine back down
- Maintain this position for about 30 seconds.
7. The Chair Yoga Pose for Abs
If you are looking for a yoga pose that engages your core muscles while also working on your balance, then the chair pose is for you.
Also known as Utkatasana, the pose also helps to increase strength in the thighs, spine, ankles, and calves.
- Begin by assuming a standing position.
- You should also bring your legs together and make sure your feet touch.
- Let your hips go back just like you’re about sitting on a chair and bring your arms just above you.
- You should hold them up straight just next to the ears.
- Maintain this position for about 45 seconds to 60 seconds.
- If you’re interested in challenging yourself, even more, you should shift just a little more bodyweight on to those heels.
- This will engage your core muscles more and also aid your body balance.
8. Downward Dog Variation
This pose is a variation of the popular downward dog pose that effectively targets your abs.
Some people also call this the “one-legged downward-facing dog pose.” This workout keeps the abs firing all through the day.
In addition to making your abs firm, the one-legged downward-facing dog pose also helps to aid your body balance.
Explained below is a guide on how to perform one of the best yoga workouts for ab and flat stomach.
- Assume the downward facing dog position
- Stretch one of your legs and bring it up
- Now lower the stretched-out leg just under your abs.
- Perform this movement for about 10 times on each leg.
Learn More- 6 Easy Yoga Poses for Kids with Amazing Benefits
9. Camel Hinge
The camel hinge is another fantastic pose that really engages your core. It is one of the best yoga workouts for ab that you can do.
Explained below is a guide on how to properly perform the camel hinge.
- Begin by kneeling on the floor and let the knees be at hip-width apart.
- Also, tuck your toes under.
- Stretch out your arms out just in front of your chest. Your palms should face down.
- Now raise your chest and at the same time, press your pelvis to the front and hinge backward.
- Make sure you slightly ache your lower back.
- Pause for a second and focus on opening the chest.
- At the same time, keep your ribcage down and the belly button must also be drawn just into the spine.
- Gradually return to the previous starting position to make one rep.
- You should perform 10 reps of this pose.
10. Stacked Side Plank
Our list for yoga workouts for abs and flat stomach will not be complete without the stacked side plank pose.
The pose uses your abs to stabilize your entire body.
The stacked side plank will also help in improving your body balance. Explained below is a guide of how to perform the stacked side plank.
- Begin by lying on the right side and also ensure your knees are stretched straight.
- Bring your right hand and place it under the right shoulder.
- Bring your hips from off the floor until you can see your body form a straight line from the ankles up to the shoulders.
- Now flex your feet and stretch the left arm upwards to the sky.
- Make sure you breathe deeply throughout the exercise.
- Maintain this position for about 60 seconds.
- Lower your body back down to the floor and repeat the movement on your opposite side.
We have outlined the 10 best yoga poses for a flat belly that you can perform.
These yoga workouts for ab are effective and you will definitely notice some changes in your midsection in no time.
Remember, exercise without a healthy diet is a waste of time.