Can you use tea tree oil for yeast infection? Yes, if you are suffering from yeast infection, you can easily apply to dilute tea tree oil as an effective home remedy for yeast infection.
Do you want to know how? Read on to know how tea tree oil works, how to use it, potential side effects, and more.
The Yeast infection occurs from the overgrowth of yeast in the body. It is caused by a fungus, of the genus Candida.
This fungus inhabits the skin or sometimes inside the body (throat, mouth, etc). We have over 150 Candida species, which fifteen can cause serious problems if they overgrow.
Unfortunately, about 75 % of women have a vaginal yeast infection at least once in their lifetime.
And 40-50% of women will experience more than one infection. Also, 5 to 8 percent of women experience chronic yeast infections.
Additionally, men can get yeast infections in their mouths, genitals, and other areas.
With treatment, most yeast infections take a week to clear up. If symptoms persist for more than a week, then you need professional assistance.
What are the Main Causes of Yeast Infection?
A yeast infection occurs from the overgrowth of yeast. Certain processes in the body could trigger the overgrowth of yeast.
Examples of activities that could trigger the overgrowth of yeast are:
- Certain types of medication, like oral contraceptives, antibiotics, and steroids
- Immune-suppressing diseases, including HIV
- Stress and lack of sleep can make the immune system weak
Additionally, certain lifestyle habits may also promote the growth of Candida, including:
- Eating food high in sugar (a yeast food source)
- Using scented soaps, bubble baths, and certain feminine sprays
- Maintaining poor vaginal hygiene
- Wearing clothing that keeps the vag area moist, like synthetic underwear, and tight jeans.
Do Yeast Infections Go Away on Their Own?
Fortunately, most yeast infections are not serious.
Left untreated, yeast infections will go away on their own.
The severe itching can be hard to tolerate for some people. Who would like to go through such a hurdle when there are diverse ways to treat it.
Also, at a severe stage of yeast infection, women may experience green or yellow discharge with odor
How Long Does a Yeast Infection Last?
Mild yeast infections clear up in as few as three days.
Here is the good news:
Sometimes, they don’t even require a special treatment.
But moderate to severe infections may take 7 to 14 days to clear up.
Yeast Infection Treatment
Can a yeast infection be treated without any side effects?
Well, the answer is yes.
Yeast infection can also be called candidiasis. The treatment can be done in different ways; here are some types of treatment;
Use Anti-fungal Creams to Get Rid of Yeast Infection
Antifungal medication can help cure the yeast infection.
A true yeast infection is caused by a fungus, so over-the-counter antifungal creams are one of the most common treatments used.
- If the symptoms persist for over 3 days, call your physician for advice
- Don’t use OTC(over the counter) products during pregnancy or if you have had recurrent infections.
- Make sure to use an antifungal cream specifically for treating yeast infection.
Home Remedies for Yeast Infection Cure
There are also some home remedies that can be used:
Vitamin C for Yeast Infection
Vitamin C is known to be a good immune booster. A strong immune system brings the body back to normal.
Through this process, the immune system fights against overgrowth of yeast.
Hydrogen Peroxide for Yeast Infection
Hydrogen Peroxide is a very good yeast and bacteria killing antiseptic.
Another treatment is Tea tree oil for yeast infection.
But make sure you dilute it before use as it can be bad for the skin.
Yogurt for Yeast Infection
Yogurt is very good for yeast infection as they contain certain bacteria. But make sure it contains no added sugar, for a better result.
Another home remedy is through the use of essential oils. One of the most effective essential oils for yeast infection is Tea tree essential oil.
Essential Oils for Yeast Infections Treatment
Can essential oils cure a yeast infection? Of course, essential oils is to cure yeast infection.
We have so many essential oils around us and many of us don’t know what they are used for.
Oils like Oregano, coconut oil, basil, bay, etc. all of the mentioned oils can help cure yeast infection but won’t be discussed here.
If you need facts about essential oils, go to organicfacts.
Only tea tree oil and how to use it to cure yeast infection will be discussed.
Tea Tree Oil for Yeast Infection Cure
Can tea tree oil cure yeast infection? Yes!
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
This oil has been used for years to help treat skin infections. It can also be used to inhibit fungi and bacteria.
Tea tree oil is used to treat yeast infection because of it antifungal ability. Yeast infection on the skin, hair, and toenails. They can all be treated using tea tree oil.
How to Use Tea Tree oil for Yeast Infection
According to a research, tea tree oil is one of the effective treatment for the common yeast infection strain Candida albicans.
Yeast Infection in the Mouth
As it is said earlier, yeast infection occurs from the overgrowth of candida.
If there is an overgrowth of candida in the mouth, it causes oral thrush. If the right amount of tea tree oil is used, it will eradicate the infection.
The ingredients required for treatment of oral thrush are; one part of tea tree oil and one part of water.
- Mix equal amount of water and tea tree oil.
- Using a tablespoon only, pour the mixed content into your mouth
- Avoid swallowing it as it can cause irritation
- Leave the content in your mouth for about 30 seconds
- Then, spit out all the used content
- Repeat the procedure for at least 3 times daily
that your mouth can be quite sensitive inside. So make sure the tea tree oil is diluted with water in an equal proportion.
Using Tea Tree Oil for Yeast Infection in the Vagina
The effects of using tea tree oil directly on the vagina may be too hard.
It is not always advisable to use tea tree oil for yeast infection in the vagina. But as reported by several women, the burning effect reduces after using tea tree oil.
Using Tea Tree Oil for Yeast Infection on the Skin
There are 2 ways of using tea tree oil for yeast infection on the skin.
- You can apply tea tree oil directly on the infected area,
- Taking a tea tree oil bath
Using tea tree oil for yeast infection on the skin requires attention. yeast infections on the skin cause constant discomfort as a result of constant itch.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Yeast Infection on the Skin
- Dilute some part of tea tree oil with coconut oil.
- Mix it very well and apply the content on any part of your skin that is not affected
- Wait for 24 hours to see if there is no allergic reaction
- If there is no allergy, wash the affected area before application
- After drying the area well, apply the mixture to the affected area
- Repeat the procedure every 24 hours
- How to Keep Your Vag Clean and Smelling Good
- How to Get Rid of a UTI in 24 Hours: 6 UTI Remedies
- 10 Essential Oils for Skin Care Recipes (Get Rid Acne and Tightening Skin)
- How to Get Rid of Period Cramps-7 Menstrual Cramps Relief Hacks
How to Take a Tea Tree Oil Bath
The procedure is quite simple, but as earlier said, the concentration of the tea tree oil is important.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water
- Add 10 – 12 drops of tea tree oil
- Soak yourself in it for about 20 minutes
- After that, rinse yourself in the shower
- Dry your skin, and apply coconut oil to the unaffected area
Finally, using tea tree oil as a home remedy for yeast infection can be very effective. You will get a good result will be seen in no time If the instructions are followed carefully.