The thigh is one area that most people love to hate.
You may wonder why?
Because the fat around the inner thighs can be very stubborn to get rid of.
The metabolism that makes you lose weight all over your body seems not to extend to our thighs.
But stay with me…because
All that is set to come to an end with this article on how to get rid of inner thigh fat.
Worry not; this article looks at the best exercises on how to get rid of inner thigh fat.
You might be worried about your thighs always rubbing together anytime you put on your dress or short.
That headache is about to come to an end. You will be able to enjoy your summer without that sad feeling.
The thing that is needed on how to get rid of inner thighs is the right workout plan.
We have taken time out to research the best exercises that will help you overcome this headache.
These exercises will target your legs, making sure to remove that stubborn thigh fat.
Before we proceed to the 10 best exercises on how to get rid of inner thigh fat,
let’s take a look at the causes of inner thigh fat.
What Causes Inner Thigh Fat
The inner thigh fat is most common in women. This fat is one of the most difficult body fat to lose.
There are 2 major factors that cause inner thigh fat. These two factors include;
Why is the inner thigh fat hard to lose?
Your body shape is one of the most significant factors that will determine the size of those inner thighs.
If you’re pear-shaped, then you can be sure to pack a lot of fat in your butt and thighs.
On the other hand, those that are cone-shaped will have little trouble with thigh fat(1).
Is it impossible to change your body structure?
The best you can do if you’re pear-shaped is to workout more often in order to fight that headache on how to get rid of inner thigh fat.
You should not be surprised that gender has a lot to do with thigh fat.
Both men and women have some fats that are specific to each sex.
This is because it is the sex hormones that affect the distribution of fat in each gender(2).
The estrogen hormone that is found in women directs fat deposits to areas around the buttocks, pelvis, and the inner and outer thighs.
Men, on the other hand, have the testosterone hormone that directs fat to store around the belly.
It is as a result that women find it more difficult to get rid of fat in the butt, thighs, and hips compared to other parts of their body.
You should be aware that this fat around the hips, butt, and thighs is actually a good and bad situation.
Here’s another way to think about it..
It is good because the fat plays a major role in lactation and fertility.
Once it is lactation period, this fat that is known to be stubborn becomes easier to remove.
Ready? Let’s jump right in…
10 Best Exercises On How To Get Rid Of Inner Thigh Fat
It’s time to get into the best inner thigh toning exercises.
These exercises are guaranteed to help to lose that fat bulge on inner thigh. Listed below are the best 10 exercises on how to lose inner thigh fat;
1. The Crisscross Power Jacks
The crisscross power jacks are very effective and one of the best exercises to get rid of inner thigh fat.
This exercise specifically works the muscles of your inner thighs.
In addition, they also engage the whole body. This move will also increase your heart rate, thereby leading to more calories burnt.
Follow the directions below to do the crisscross power jacks.
How to Reduce Thigh Fat With Crisscross Power Jacks
- Begin by standing with both feet together and inhale.
- Now breathe out and jump your feet out wide. At the same time, cross your arms overhead.
- Scissor your legs.
- Cross the left leg just in front of the right leg and at the same time, let your left arm cross over the right arm just at the level of your chest.
- You should repeat the movement immediately by alternating sides every time.
- Continue the exercise for about 30-45 seconds.
2. Tree Lean To The Side Lunge
This move is so beneficial to your lower body and is one of the best ways on how to get rid of inner thigh fat.
The exercise targets your inner thighs to make sure you lose all those excess fat around the area.
Not only that, it also makes sure your hips, waist, core, and lower body all maintain a good looking, fit and sexy look.
It puts all the muscles in this area to work and at the same time, boosts the endurance, range of motion and strength.
Follow the directions below to perform the tree lean to side lunge.
How to Lose Inner Thigh with Side Lunge Exercise
- Begin by standing tall and bring your feet together.
- You should also bring your arms over your head.
- Flex your spine to ensure that your shoulders and arms reach left and your hips sway to the right at the same time.
- Now sweep your arms upwards and over. Make sure they make a half circle rightward and bring the left leg out assuming a side lunge.
- Stop in a deep side lunge and ensure that your left-hand rests on your thigh while the right-hand touches the ground.
- Then push off from the ground and bring the arms back in a circle overhead and return to the previous lateral lean position. Your left foot should return to the right foot.
- Perform 10 reps and then repeat the movement on the other side.
3. Scissor Legs Plank
The scissor legs plank is one of those effective exercises that help on how to get rid of inner thigh fat.
The move targets your inner thighs and at the same time works the muscles.
It also puts pressure on your arm, core, glutes, and chest and forces them to engage. Below is a guide on how to perform the scissors leg plank.
How to Get Rid of Inner Thigh Fat with Scissor Legs Plank
- Assume a full plank position and make sure each of your foot is placed on a folded towel.
- You can also place them on a gliding disc or a paper plate instead.
- Keep your upper body stable and at the same time, slide your feet apart.
- Open your legs as wide as you possibly can.
- Now squeeze your inner thighs slowly and slide each foot back together.
- You can perform 2 sets composed of 15 reps each.
4. Hip Bridge Combined With A Squeeze
You might already be familiar with the hip bridge. The hip bridge is very effective at strengthening your glutes.
Now, imagine combining this with a little squeeze. The result is one of the best exercises on how to get rid of inner thigh fat.
How to Reduce Inner Thigh Fat with Hip Bridge
- Begin by placing your feet flat on the floor and bend your knees at the same time.
- Roll up a towel and place it in between the bent knees.
- You can also use a small exercise ball instead of the towel.
- Lift your butt upwards and squeeze that towel at the same time.
- Make sure you keep the towel in line with the knees.
- Thereafter, lower your butt back downward.
- You can do 2 set of 10 reps each.
5. The Lateral Lunge Workout
The lateral lunge is one of the most popular exercises for inner thighs.
In addition to helping on getting rid of inner thigh fat, the workout also adds strength to the thighs.
By performing this exercise, you also get the additional benefit of helping to accelerate the rate of calorie burn all over your body.
Follow the directions below to perform one of the best exercises on how to get rid of inner thigh fat.
How to Slim Thigh with Lateral Lunge
- Begin by standing tall.
- Use your right foot to step directly to your side.
- You must ensure all your toes are facing forward.
- Push your butt outward and then sit back on your heel and hip.
- Now go back to the starting position and continue movement.
- You can perform 1 set of 11 reps on each side.
6. Leg Sweeps Exercise
Here is another fantastic workout to help you lose that stubborn inner thigh fat.
It is certain that you’ll really feel this exercise in your inner thighs after performing it.
The exercise also works your glutes and core. Follow the directions below to perform this amazing workout on how to get rid of inner thigh fat.
How to Lose stubborn Inner Thigh Fat Leg Sweeps
- Begin by standing and bring your feet just underneath the hips.
- Now sweep the right leg both forward and backward.
- Engage your inner thighs and glutes and make sure you point your toes forward at the same time.
- Perform 5 reps and thereafter, sweep the leg out to the side to perform another 5 reps.
- Perform this movement also on your left leg.
7. Curtsy Lunge Exercise
You already know how beneficial lunges are to the body.
However, adding a tweak to the lunge really takes it up a notch to work your entire lower body.
The curtsy lunge will work your inner hips and your lower body like never before.
It is definitely going to help you on how to get rid of inner thigh fat.
- Begin by standing and let your feet be just slightly apart than a hip-width.
- Sit backward, as if assuming a squat position.
- Lift your chest and let your knees be slightly over the top of the toes.
- Now stand back and squeeze your glutes and thighs at the same time.
- Bring the left leg behind the right leg and assume a curtsy.
- Then bring your left knee downward and assume a lunge and then stand back.
8. Sumo Squat Leg Check
Here is one of my favorites … sumo squat
The sumo squat leg check is another fantastic exercise on how to get rid of inner thigh fat.
This workout is a combo move that works the lower body.
The sumo squat engages your quads and glutes, putting them into shape.
Combined with the leg check, the exercise will help to tone your entire legs, thereby keeping your inner thighs slim. It also helps to work your obliques.
- Begin by standing and ensure your feet are at shoulder-width apart. Also, let your toes be pointed outward.
- Bend your arms and keep the hands also at a shoulder-height with your palms facing forward away from your body.
- Keep your chest upward with your back flat.
- Squat downward, as low as you possibly can as you push those hips back.
- Make sure the knees are aligned with the toes.
- Now straighten the legs and at the same time, lift the right leg.
- Ensure your right elbow touches the inside of the right knee.
- Then squat down and perform the same movement on your left leg.
- Continue to alternate legs and perform 12 reps of 3 sets on both sides.
- 10 Best Exercises to Lose Thigh Fat Fast in a Week at Home
- 7 Best Leg Exercises for Women at Home: Slim and Toned Legs
9. Abductor Lift
This is another wonderful move that helps to get rid of inner thigh fat.
The exercise targets the outer part of your thigh. It also works the inner thigh.
It is an inner thigh workout with bands. Your whole thigh is worked on by performing this exercise.
How to Use Abductor Lift to Lose Thigh Fat
- Begin by wrapping a resistance band just around your feet.
- Slightly separate your feet and place the center of that band just over the top of those feet.
- Make sure you wrap it around the outside of the feet under the arch.
- Circle the band up to the handles can come through the center just in between your feet.
- Hold the two handles of the band together and lie on your body’s right side with your body propped up on the right forearm.
- Make sure your legs are straight and placed on top of one another with the toes pointed out.
- Now lift your top leg, bring it down, and repeat the movement.
- Perform 2 sets of 10 reps each on both sides.
10. The Frog Bend
This is another fantastic exercise that can help you lose fat around your inner thighs.
It is simple to perform and can be done at home. You need no equipment to perform this wonderful exercise.
How to Get Rid of Inner Thigh Fat with Frog Bend Exercise
- Begin by lying with your face up.
- Extend your legs just straight over your hips. Ensure your feet is flexed, your heels together and your toes should be turned out.
- Now bend your knees out to your side slowly, and straighten them.
- Make sure you use the muscles of your inner thigh to control this movement.
- You should perform 3 sets of about 12 reps for each set.
Though it can be difficult, it is entirely possible to reduce inner thigh fat fast.
If you want to have that elusive slim inner thigh, then this article on how to get rid of inner thigh fat should be your close companion.
Finally, If you have any questions, leave us comments and share the love. Now make it happen!